Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Basically, if you have a Mini 14/30 with a standard wood stock, no flash hider, no bayonet lug, and no vertical foregrip (= 'featureless' in CA DOJ-speak), the only restriction is 10-round magazines or smaller.

·
Banned
631 Posts
I would just leave that brain warped state! Its just not worth giving up your freedom to crybabying politics!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ditto JAGGUY and firescout. The Mini is mostly under the radar right now, especially if you keep it close to original-looking as possible. In other words, don't make it look like an AR wannabe. It is what it is, so it is a great grey man rifle.

The main drag out here is the 10-round mag limit. Shows the Kalifascists are clever, but not that bright. Will eventually be overturned as they are pushing too hard on all of this and have gotten folks riled up. Until then there are ways to work around it...which I know nothing about...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Phish: would if I could, but not possible right now. So, will continue the fight for Freedom. Besides, someone has to lay down cover for those advancing to the rear...

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may have a more friendly ear in Washington going forward. Time will tell.
Already have gun registration in Washinton. It happens if you gift or sell a gun, even to family member Supposed to go to gun dealer and fill out forms. Only way around it is to not do it and then date your sales receipt, if you use one, for sometime in November 2014. Law went into effect on December 1, 2014.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Jim, welcome to the forum from Central Virginia. Sad to see WA going that way. Other than Seattle, it is a beautiful state (Yakima and all).:)

·
Registered
257 Posts
All of western WA are loons, 70% D votes, anti guns and electric cars they think they are driving for free.

Thanks for the wecome
Welcome from SoCal, Jimlab.

Something about the Left side of these three states. Central and eastern, with a few exceptions, are fairly normal. Unfortunately also less populated so have to deal with the Kommies and Fascists decisions. Hopefully we'll get some help after Jan 20. At least it will be entertaining...:wacko:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Basically, if you have a Mini 14/30 with a standard wood stock, no flash hider, no bayonet lug, and no vertical foregrip (= 'featureless' in CA DOJ-speak), the only restriction is 10-round magazines or smaller.
I BELIVE that you can use a twenty round magazine as long as it is permanently modified to hold only ten rounds. The mall ninja effect.:ph34r:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I BELIVE that you can use a twenty round magazine as long as it is permanently modified to hold only ten rounds. The mall ninja effect.:ph34r:
Correct, Sir. I have 2 Ruger 20-round I got with the rifle. My FFL guy had to permanently modify them just to give them to me. Riveted the bottom plate to the blocker.

I have 4 ProMag 10 rounders. I'm thinking on how to attach the bottoms of 2 to try and have a quick drop-flip-insert. Electric tape is in the lead, but looking for something a little better.

Hopefully won't be engaged in a crowd of zombies or snackbars with having to swap out every 10 rounds...damn Kalifascists

·
Registered
6 Posts
New poster, fellow Californian here.
The basic Mini14 is still legal here as long as it does not have any of the scary add on's and is limited to 10 round or less magazines.

We can still go shooting so long as we swear a blood oath to Pelosi and Feinstein that we will not enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Roering: Welcome to the forum from Central Virginia.

We can still go shooting so long as we swear a blood oath to Pelosi and Feinstein that we will not enjoy it.
We don't have to worry about that silliness here. Tim Kaine can kiss my $$$. Dave Brat is my Rep and is a rock-solid conservative.

·
Registered
6 Posts
RJF and COSteve

Thank You for the welcome! Looking forward to learn about my new Mini through other people's experiences.

Yes Feinstein is still alive but at 84 years old I have to think she has one foot out the door. Wish I could say that our political landscape of the Golden State has gotten better, sadly this isn't so. Barbara Boxer (our other Senator) retired but her seat was filled by Kamala Harris. Kamala is basically the same as Boxer. Smarter, but just as crazy.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
New poster, fellow Californian here.
The basic Mini14 is still legal here as long as it does not have any of the scary add on's and is limited to 10 round or less magazines.

Welcome to the gang! You'll fit in here just fine!;)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.