Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I posted about a week ago on this topic and just looked at the replies.

I am looking for a couple of minis. the mini 14 tactical model 5847
and a standard ranch model 5801 or 5816 Blue/wood.

I was told by a couple of dealers who called their distrubtors.
They are on order. The wholesaler does not have a delivery date.
Ruger is not allowing backorders. They are backed up for months because
of the panic buying wave that happened back in Dec/Jan. Turn around
time is 6-9 months for restock. So we are are 3 months in to the wait.
Another 3 months to go. I was caught over guard by this panic buying.

Donald

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good luck with that!

There are always new Mini's of most variations on GunBroker and other such places, and it seems to me the prices have softened some over the last couple of months, but don't expect to pay less than current MSRP. If you're on a email notify list at Gun Genie, Bud's, etc., it's all about timing, luck, and proximity to email and computer when the notification comes. There are some new rifles breaking loose at those places occasionally, but occasionally is the very key word. Just my observations. ;)

Scotty

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm in the SF area and recently lucked into a NIB Mini 14. I called a bunch of LGS and got on waiting lists back in January. Around the end of February I got a call from Big 5 Sports telling me they had my desired Mini 14 Ranch Rifle 5801. I paid $879 for mine. It seems steep, but in California, we may not be able to buy these too much longer, so I just sucked it up and paid.

It seems like the big chains get them trickling in from time to time, but they're scarce and in high demand. I was in the same store yesterday and the manager told me that Ruger's estimated backlog was until May. However, their firearms distributor told her that August was more realistic.

Also, you might want to go ahead and get on Ruger's backorder list for Magazines. They do take backorders for those and they can also take months.

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
Yep, I paid $900 for a very lightly used 580 stainless mini (Less than 100 rnds through the barrel), but it has a davidsons exclusive green laminate wood stock with the rubber butpad. It was cherry so I paid the price. Alot more than the $391 I paid for a new one the last time (pre-94) at wallyworld. Ive been on Big fives list for a mini 30 for 3 mos. and no news yet (I'm customer #1 on that list) I don't know what I'm going to have to pay for it, but the last one sold for $879, and big 5 told me that Ruger has raised thier wholesale price to them by 10%. If it comes in at $999.99 or less, I guess I should feel "Lucky". The Mini 30's are still going for about $1400 on gunbroker (NIB) and I've seen some used pre 580's still going for up to $1250.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I picked-up a Mini 14 Ranch Rifle here in NY at the Saratoga Springs Gun show 2 weeks ago looked to be NIB for $600.00 I don't think the old guy was up on the current CRAP going on here in NY! I hear guy's giving a $1000.00 or more for them!! Just got the Mo-Rod and Tech Sight in the mail and also have a Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14x40SF BDC scope to mount on it!

·
Banned
7,374 Posts
I picked-up a Mini 14 Ranch Rifle here in NY at the Saratoga Springs Gun show 2 weeks ago looked to be NIB for $600.00 I don't think the old guy was up on the current CRAP going on here in NY! I hear guy's giving a $1000.00 or more for them!! Just got the Mo-Rod and Tech Sight in the mail and also have a Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14x40SF BDC scope to mount on it!
P.M me if you are looking for 10 rnd mags b-4 that ban kicks in. I'm trying to help out NY mini owners with mags. I hate statist do-gooder regimes, even at the state level.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.