Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Does anyone know if someone OTHER THAN Ciener Conversions makes a conversion kit for a Mini-14/AC556? I have looked and looked and haven't run across another manufacturer. Any info appreciated!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bump for another interested party!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My understanding is that Ciener is the only MFG of 22lr kits. But I have noticed that other distributors that sell Ciener kits, put their names on them. I wonder why ?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi all!
Does anyone know if someone OTHER THAN Ciener Conversions makes a conversion kit for a Mini-14/AC556? I have looked and looked and haven't run across another manufacturer. Any info appreciated!!
As far as I know Ceiner is the only game in town. You do not want to order one from Ceiner. My understanding this guy is an arrogant SOB. He will take your money and take his good old time getting his product out to you. Your best bet is to find one used. I just sold the one I had a couple months ago. The one I had worked OK. If you do find and get one Black Dog Machine makes a 30 rd mag that works good. They are out there,just be patient............Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hohrein Kits.

I hope someone other than Ciener starts to make these. I refuse to buy from that guy with all of the horror stories about his taking money for items he didn't even make yet. Also heard stories of hidden fees that he demanded from a customer after his order is placed, including penalties for not sending enough money for unannounced price increases. He is very much disliked for his non-existant customer service. Try to contact his business via phone or email.- HA!

I've been looking for over 2 months without success for a kit. I search the net a couple of times a week, and have email notices for them if they are coming up at the online auctions. They simply are not out there.

I would buy one of the Ciener kits, provided it was sold and backed for customer service by someone else

·
Registered
52 Posts
Those Ciener/Hohrein kits are out there, make sure you get one with the updated chamber adaptor though. The earliest kits for the 181+ series Mini's and 191+ series AC's did not have a chamber adaptor feedramp, these were prone to jamming.

There were two different kits made, they fit different serial number range rifles. Just make sure the kit you buy is for your serial number range.

The steel Ciener mags work great if you keep them clean and lubed, and maintain the correct orientation of the feed lips. I have not had great success with the Black Dog Mags but I also have not tried to fit them to my AC, they may require a bit of filing to fit and function correctly.

I swapped out all my Ciener 30rd mag springs and followers with Black Dog replacement springs and Black Dog last shot bolt hold open followers.

Black Dog also has/had rebuild kits for the .22 bolt, comes with extractor, plunger, spring , and firing pin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts