Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Shootin'
I'm going to have to take the steels out and do some 200yd shooting.
What ammo or load are you shooting?
Thanks.

My best results are with 75gr. YMMV

I carry these stand brackets and steel plate in an army mail pouch uprange, 6 rebar rolled in a sheet over my shoulder. Transportable. And the reason I went with this idea is because I actually live in a state that boasts "no level ground". The rebar, chains,nuts and bolts, bought from Lowe's. Scrubbed the rebar with brake fluid to remove rust, and should paint them with rustoleum but never got around to it. A can of orange rustoleum is in the mail pouch for the steel.

I have a paper stand with splatter targets for measuring misses :/ but my eyes aren't as good as they once were. About as far as I can see paper is 175 yards. The steel target I can see a hit at 200 yards, no problem.

Rebar Target Stand

10" Steel Plate

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The range that I shoot at has steel targets at 200 and 300 yards, laying hits on those plates is a great stress reliever.
It's hard to visualize energy when shooting paper, but when it hits steel, that's still carrying an estimated force of 920 ft.lbs at 200 yards. Not quite a Mike Tyson, but definitely a Conor McGregor at that range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts