Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 6-24/44mm konus scope to swap out my leupold 3-9x/30 and putting the 30mm back on my 30-06. Yes it is a lot of scope, but we shoot 100 yards in our gun club and my 3-9x/30mm just wasn't cutting it. I have the factory ruger high mounts installed and the objective lens clearance is such that only a piece of thick paper can fit between the lens and the handguard. I have the aftermarket choate handguard and was thinking of dremeling it out a little bit for more clearance. How much would be necessary. The scope has an adjustable objective. Also, since minis throw brass hard and tend to hit the scopes, i am rotating the scope so that the windage is up and the elevation is n the left side for better casing ejections and less scope hitting issues. I have the 1911 op rod buffers installed in rear of op rod

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi pooch,

clearence is clearence. so just a small gap is good to go. scope and rings are mounted on the receiver there will be no movement.

for the brass ejection you should consider buying bushings for a softer ejection. your shooting buddies on the right hand side will thank you for it ;)

and also i would not mount the scope sideways. tracking will be horrible.

my mini throws brass up but has netter hit my scope. always the oprod. take a close look and you will see where the casings hit your gun.

best regards

Marcus

·
Registered
663 Posts
+1 Clearance is clearance. As long as it isn't touching anything, you'll be just fine.

Gotta disagree about the scope turning though. All rotating the scope 90 degrees will do is turn you windage into your elevation and you elevation into your windage. I dont see how it'll make tracking horrible at all. Its a good idea if youre particular mini has a relatily high angle of ejection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.