Perfect Union banner
163K views 225 replies 145 participants last post by  codger 
#1 ·
Ok as requested this sticky is for members to post the latest vendor links with Mini magazines for sale. Just post on this sticky.

Please post a "clickable link" for other members to use.

Lets keep it "short and to the point" so members won't have to read thru pages of chit-chat to find a link.

#13 · (Edited)
First here is the link http://www.deltaforce.com/index.html The Mags are geniune 40 round PMI Stainless Steel Magazines, new in the plastic bags.

Not the most desirable size to have, but since I have a 10 round S/S PMI Mag which they did make and another Nickel plated 30 round PMI Mag I can vouch for the quality. They are equal to Ruger Magazines with the plus of being stainless steel. The price is $35 each or 4 for $127 which includes the S&H.

#16 ·
P-Shooter said:
HighDesertWolf, Do you know that PMI was sued out of business, I don't know the details, but they are not making any more of them. That is why I gave the link to the 40s, they will go up in value. I won't use them unless we have some kind of war on our soil. Was there a link for the 20s?
heres the link: http://www.clipsnstuff.com/mini14.shtml 40 bucks youch!! I remember when I could get three 30 rounders for that. even after the AWB I could still get 30 rounders for 25 bucks. I think im gonna give masen mags a try they look pretty good real similar looking to ruger factory.

#23 ·
PMI is back?

New to this forum. It seems as Precision Mag Industries still has a reputation for highest level of quality. Seems like rumors of PMIs downfall have been one of myth and lore. PMI is in fact still a California business and I am in fact the President of PMI. PMI was/is an offshoot of a contract manufacturing company started in 1953 specializing in high volume metal stampings and sub assemblies catering to the automotive and appliance markets. That company is Punch Press Products, inc. (www.punch-press.com) and is still going strong today. I have the pleasure of being the President of PPP as well. Our experience in high end markets, the tooling, and process we used back then is what set us apart and apparently what all of you measure the others against. The ORGINAL tooling and fixtures for all steel parts and the plastic follower are still in existence and owned by PPP (in storage at PPP facilities). It has not been operated since the original AWB. Not being exclusively a gun oriented company; the AWB scared us off and many other companies like us. I'm writing this because one - I'm surprised to see the following this product still garners, and two - interested in learning what market there may still be for our mags and whether the limited AWB repeal should convince us to enter into this again. The tools and assy process can somewhat easily be turned back on if the volumes are there and the legalities of any remaining AWB legislature (CA and MA?) do not prohibit re-entry.

One more thing…. Many have tried to copy the design of a PMI product - some have even used components of the company name to influence PMI memories - but none have the process and tooling capabilities to produce the part in the same way.

Thanks for reading. I'm interested to hear the response this message gets.

Go to the PPP web site and search my email link if you would like to correspond one-on-one.

BR,
C.J

#50 ·
Our experience in high end markets, the tooling, and process we used back then is what set us apart and apparently what all of you measure the others against. I'm writing this because one - I'm surprised to see the following this product still garners, and two - interested in learning what market there may still be for our mags and whether the limited AWB repeal should convince us to enter into this again.
C.J. - thanks so much for posting. I own a Ruger Mini-14 tactical, and one of most common laments is the lack of high quality, hard-working "after market" magazines. As you have discovered, if you build a better mousetrap.........

If I might make a suggestion, I'd like you to consider bringing PMI's production capabilities to my adopted home state - Michigan. I have long advocated that this state could rise up to become "The Arsenal of Democracy" once again, if only a manufacturer with a bold vision would step up. Although I am also new to this forum, feel free to send me a private message if you'd care to discuss it further.

That said, I will tell you that there are MANY folks that would welcome PMI back into the market, with open arms and wallets. I hope you'll seriously consider dusting off the production machinery and getting back to business. I will support you, 100%. God Bless and best of luck !

#24 ·
I am certainly interested in a high quality (reliable) magazine that is competitively priced!