Perfect Union banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone want to sell 7 straight 20 rounders? Or as many as you're willing to sell.

They are no longer listed on CDNN. This was the only place I could find them listed at all.

Anyone with info on where to find them or willing to sell some would be much appreciated.

For a mini-14 BTW.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Promag 20 rd poly mags
Anyone have experience with these mags? The poly ones?

thanks

seabreeze
There are at least a couple different versions. One is the much older version (which ironically, seems to be the only one available anywhere today) and the newer version which has been discontinued. The older one appears to be basically a Thermold design, cut down to 20 rounds (the similar Promag 30 round also looks rather like the Thermold). It is straight with no curve. From what I have read, these may work right off in your gun, or may not, and the problems are pretty much the same as the Thermold.... the bolt rubs on the top of the feed lips. Once these are filed down a little or simply worn in, everybody seems happy with them (many others though hate them and have no desire to break them in). I do not have any of these, but am considering getting a few. I REALLY just prefer 20 round magazines for my Mini 14. Although I HATE dealing with Cheaper Than Dirt, they have them for sale for $11.97. I may have to just bite the bullet and get some.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...79007422.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn#

The other design looks a lot nicer, aesthetically speaking, and has a metal reinforcement at the pin hole on the front. They are slightly curved. I have two of these. These were discontinued several months ago, maybe a year, I guess. They have relatively minor issues (at least in my gun). The upper rear corners of the magazine need to be ever so slightly knocked off with a file so that the magazines insert and fall away easily when released. Takes literally 30 seconds. The second problem I had is that the magazine spring bottoms out and it is very difficult, and sometimes impossible, to insert a full 20-round-loaded magazine on a closed bolt. Not a huge deal, but annoying. Otherwise, the two I have function flawlessly. Actually, I really wish I had some more, but they cannot be found anywhere.

I also managed to get 6 of the 30 round magazines of this same design a few months ago as they were being closed out. Same rear corner thing that I took care of right away. Now, on these, they will simply not hold 30 rounds! 28 is it! I can kinda understand some of the other problems that plague polymer magazines, but honestly, how do you design a "30 round" magazine that won't hold 30 rounds??? I have not fired with any of these yet, but they are essentially identical to the 20 rounders, so I don't foresee any functioning problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If any Canadians ever look here, I ordered a few ruger magazines through aztech armory.
They're us/canada importer. Cheaper than being scalped for $100/20rd mag like some places.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Midway USA is currently having a slight price reduction ('sale') on their steel Ruger magazines. A bit better price on the 10-round Mini 14 mags than CDNN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
twenty dollar 30 round Ruger mags

I got four 30 round "Ruger" factory magazines (mini 14) from CDNN for $20.00 a piece and 9.99 shipping. This was about three weeks ago. No tax in MT so essentially 22.50 each. I recommend getting on their email list and clicking in when you see emails about mags. I have been looking for months and could not believe prices. The rifle (black synthetic/stainless) came with two five round mags. I did get two 20's at Sportsman Paradise for 29.99 each and cussed at that. After reading and reading, I decided to not even try others. And refused to pay 29.99 for 30's at about the cheapest I could find. I've gotten Mec Gar mags before from CDNN and was always pleased.

You have to monitor their site as these kinds of deals are rare an only last about 24 hours. I saw the mags at 24.99 about six weeks ago and thought about it too much missing the deal and then stumbled across the 20 dollar deal and jumped on it.

I think this is about the least expensive I have ever seen or heard about for factory mags. They key with CDNN is to monitor the site. Getting on their email list and taking a quick look is pretty easy. I notice I don't get the hard copy catalogs anymore. Loved those.

Mag body - $7.99: Ruger Mag Body 5-Round Ruger Mini-30 Blue

Follower - $2.99: Ruger Mag Follower Ruger Mini-30 All Models

Spring - $2.99: Ruger Mag Spring Ruger Mini-14 Mini-30 5-Round

Base plate - $2.99: Ruger Mag Bottom Ruger Mini-30 All Models

Total: $16.96 :D

That's a pretty good deal. Odd that they're selling the full mag assembled for $24.99

·
Registered
117 Posts
Who has the best prices on Mini14 20 rounders right now?

·
Registered
153 Posts
it's a shame that we can't get no tilt magazine followers the way AR owners can. I bought a number of lousy aftermarket magazines that would work if I put good followers in them otherwise they are not that usable.

·
Registered
546 Posts
+1 : I bought Ruger factory followers - cheap - and dropped into some aftermarket mags which didn't lock the bolt back. Worked fine with the factory followers.
it's a shame that we can't get no tilt magazine followers the way AR owners can. I bought a number of lousy aftermarket magazines that would work if I put good followers in them otherwise they are not that usable.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
+1 : I bought Ruger factory followers - cheap - and dropped into some aftermarket mags which didn't lock the bolt back. Worked fine with the factory followers.
Just ordered six 10-round OE mags for my Mini in anticipation of Virginia going full-commie.

In my experience, they are a better build than Ruger factor mags, about half the price, but their followers are somewhat lacking. Yes, some work and smoothing might make them semi-reliable. Or not. My treatment for the 20-rounder OE mags was to simply replace the followers with Ruger ones. That made them 100% reliable with a simple replacement, and generally at half the price of a factory Ruger mag after all S/H.

Will see how all of this goes. I love my '20s, but if they need to take a vacation for a few years beyond VA's borders, that is okay.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Does anyone know about Triple K magazines? I saw their rep at the NRA convention and they have been around for decades. I'm not even sure who sells their mags. I bought one for the Makarov there. I know they make them for the Mini 14.

181 - 200 of 221 Posts