Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate y'all's patience.

I have sets that will fit the mid 580 series and up Mini 14s, Target Models, Tactical Models and the Mini 30s.

All bushings are CNC machined and heat treated

For the Mini 14-

Standard Set - .040", .050" & .060" Price - $45.00
Enhanced Set - .040", .045", .050" & .060" Price - $57.50

For the Mini 14 Tactical & Mini 30

Standard set - .050", .060" & .070" Price - $45.00

All prices include Priority Mail Flat Rate Postage.

I don't have these on my site yet so if you want to order a set, you can email me at [email protected] or send me a Paypal payment using that email.

Please specify which set you want.

I will start shipping them out on Monday.

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
a reduced i.d. bushing will cut down on the amount of gas striking the piston/op rod which in effect will cut down the distance the brass is ejected.
however extra strength recoil springs are available also.

·
Registered
897 Posts
So Lee, will you mix and match so to speek, I would like the .040 .045 .050 . I have no use for the .060 . Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Lee, will you mix and match so to speek, I would like the .040 .045 .050 . I have no use for the .060 . Thanks.
Not at this time.

I set these sets up the way Gundoc had his set up. He said he offered the .045" because some folks wanted it.

If I sold it separate, it would be too high because the shipping is the same price. So I just made an Enhanced Set that included it.

·
Operation:Mindcrime
3,036 Posts
Hadaway, thanks for steppin in now that Gundoc has retired.

Dude, gotta get an avatar!

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Seems kinda pricey. Accuracy Systems Inc sells gas bushing kits for half the price.
As I understand things to be, there is not only a difference in the bushing's OD, but also a difference in the gas bushing length between the tapered barrel and the pencil barrel.

From another forum about two years back: "In recent years when Ruger changed barrel OD to the flanged barrel, ASI started making a 1 size fits all bushing. The older series bushings are longer than the new bushings by .030" (.295" old vs .265" new). ASI's solution was to split the difference. This information came directly from Carl the owner of ASI. You will either get a bushing that is too short or too long, it MAY work just fine, but it is not the length specification that came from the factory."

Perhaps ASI has corrected that since that post two years ago. I would certainly recommend if you choose to go that route, you verify with ASI that their bushing lengths are correct for the model of your Mini. GunDoc's bushings were made to the correct lengths for the specific rifle, as I suspect Lee Hadaway's will be.

From ASI's website today, there are instructions for shortening the bushing length, found here: TRIMING GAS BUSHING LENGTHS Ruger Mini

That would lead me to believe it is still a "one size fits none" solution in terms of length. Perhaps I'm wrong. If that is the case and you feel fine following the instructions above, great! For me, if I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe, I would kind of like to get a size 9 1/2 shoe - not a 10" or 9" shoe where I have to put in a bunch of wadding or stretch it to "make it fit correctly"...

Truth in advertising alert: My 181-series Mini has the original everything in it - to include the bushing. As it consistently and reliably throws brass less than four feet away, I'm not in the market for a replacement bushing. So I have zero experience regarding bushings from GunDoc (other than some questions), ASI, or Lee Hadaway. Just trying to share info as I believe it to be so that you can make a better, informed decision..

JM2CW.

·
Old and in the way
118 Posts
Looking forward to the availability of longer bushings. My tapered barrel 580 came with a .264" long bushing, but it looks like the rifle will actually accommodate a .294" long bushing, so I'd prefer the longer style for a more precise fit.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I understand things to be, there is not only a difference in the bushing's OD, but also a difference in the gas bushing length between the tapered barrel and the pencil barrel.

From another forum about two years back: "In recent years when Ruger changed barrel OD to the flanged barrel, ASI started making a 1 size fits all bushing. The older series bushings are longer than the new bushings by .030" (.295" old vs .265" new). ASI's solution was to split the difference. This information came directly from Carl the owner of ASI. You will either get a bushing that is too short or too long, it MAY work just fine, but it is not the length specification that came from the factory."

Perhaps ASI has corrected that since that post two years ago. I would certainly recommend if you choose to go that route, you verify with ASI that their bushing lengths are correct for the model of your Mini. GunDoc's bushings were made to the correct lengths for the specific rifle, as I suspect Lee Hadaway's will be.

From ASI's website today, there are instructions for shortening the bushing length, found here: TRIMING GAS BUSHING LENGTHS Ruger Mini

That would lead me to believe it is still a "one size fits none" solution in terms of length. Perhaps I'm wrong. If that is the case and you feel fine following the instructions above, great! For me, if I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe, I would kind of like to get a size 9 1/2 shoe - not a 10" or 9" shoe where I have to put in a bunch of wadding or stretch it to "make it fit correctly"...

Truth in advertising alert: My 181-series Mini has the original everything in it - to include the bushing. As it consistently and reliably throws brass less than four feet away, I'm not in the market for a replacement bushing. So I have zero experience regarding bushings from GunDoc (other than some questions), ASI, or Lee Hadaway. Just trying to share info as I believe it to be so that you can make a better, informed decision..

JM2CW.
Thanks for the post.
I was aware of all that but didn't want it to look like I was slamming ASI

·
Registered
95 Posts
I appreciate y'all's patience.

I have sets that will fit the mid 580 series and up Mini 14s, Target Models, Tactical Models and the Mini 30s.

All bushings are CNC machined and heat treated

For the Mini 14-

Standard Set - .040", .050" & .060" Price - $45.00
Enhanced Set - .040", .045", .050" & .060" Price - $57.50

For the Mini 14 Tactical & Mini 30

Standard set - .050", .060" & .070" Price - $45.00

All prices include Priority Mail Flat Rate Postage.

I don't have these on my site yet so if you want to order a set, you can email me at [email protected] or send me a Paypal payment using that email.

Please specify which set you want.

I will start shipping them out on Monday.

Thanks
Lee
Will these fit a 5801 series...2006 year?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts