Perfect Union banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped a factory 20-rounder on a hard surface tonight (I know, I know...I've been beating myself up about it since!), and when I picked it up, the floorplate was halfway out of the little lips around the base of the mag. Before I could do anything, the floorplate slipped all the way out and the spring shot out of the mag. When I searched around for the pieces of the mag to put it back together, I found the follower, spring and baseplate, which I proceeded to put back into the mag body. The mag seems to work fine right now.

My question is this: Is there a piece of metal or plastic that goes between the base of the spring and the baseplate at the bottom of the mag? I'm not sure if the spring just presses directly against the floorplate, or if there is an intermediary piece that holds the bottom of the spring and sits on the baseplate. I found a magazine disassembly video on YouTube from RugerFirearms' channel; however, the magazine in the video is a factory 5-rounder. Not sure if it's the same in the 20.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great news. I was worried that I lost a piece when the mag exploded. Just lucky I didn't lose an eye. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts