Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that machine gun ammo is hard on m1a's. Sounds resonable, but how can I tell the mg stuff from normal stuff. I found that some ammo dealers at gun shows tap dance around this question. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
YES, YES, MG ammo would be extremely hard on the M14/M1A!!! Especially since the only MG ammo you can buy would be 50 cal, altho occasionaly some 8mm shows up.
There is NO SUCH THING as 7.62x51 NATO(308) MG ammo. Everything from day one was made, intended, for use in both the rifle(M14) & MG(M60) in the US & ALL other NATO countries for their rifles & MGs equally.
You are another victim of bull**** stories told and passed on by fools & know it alls!
These same people will tell you that the russians could shoot our rifle ammo in their weapons, but we couldn't do the same - yeah, you bet, and gasoline out of my car will work in your car but your gas won't work in mine!
Sarge

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've read horror stories about Chilean FAMAE ammo blowing up FALs*, supposedly because it was ammo intended for MGs. I've also heard of 9mm ammo intended for SMGs being used in standard handguns with negative effects.

Isn't MG/SMG ammo loaded "hotter" than standard ammo for better functionality in full-autos?

(* I've shot approximately 1000 rounds of the stuff in my Polytech M-14 clone without any noticable problems, so I don't know how factual those stories are....)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts