Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disassembled my Mini 30 to change gas block and trigger spring. Slapped the broken down receiver in my new Hogue stock and stuck the trigger assembly in to see how it looks. Wrong move as I can’t get the trigger assembly out. I can’t function when I’m tired and sleepy!

·
Registered
955 Posts
If the hammer is now in the cocked position I can't really see why it won't come out. Try squeezing the receiver to the stock while trying to remove the trigger assembly.

Did you force it together?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Safety also has to be ON also!
Cocked and locked. Stick a small screw driver in the hole of the trigger
guard and gently push forward and it should lift and come free.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Safety also has to be ON also!
Cocked and locked. Stick a small screw driver in the hole of the trigger
guard and gently push forward and it should lift and come free.
I can’t move the safety at all. I’ve also tried a lot of force and the trigger assembly won’t move.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Post more pictures of the gun in it's current state. Showing the bottom and the right side.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Not trying to de-rail the conversation, but does anyone else see the huge gap between OEM Ruger handguard and the forward edge of the receiver?

There should be 1/16" gap instead of the 1/2" gap pictured.

Just making an observation.

Something's very unusual here, IMHO.
That's only noticeable because there is no charging handle in the weapon...

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
OK I see the trigger guard is not seated looks like it is not fully engaged.
tap it in then try to engage the safety. If that does not work try tapping the safety
with a rubber mallet the stock may be tight or have excess material keeping the
safety from moving.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here you go. This is also as far as the trigger guard will open.
Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Musical instrument Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Table

Not trying to de-rail the conversation, but does anyone else see the huge gap between OEM Ruger handguard and the forward edge of the receiver?

There should be 1/16" gap instead of the 1/2" gap pictured.

Just making an observation.

Something's very unusual here, IMHO.
You mean here?
Bumper Automotive exterior Grey Composite material Auto part

OK I see the trigger guard is not seated looks like it is not fully engaged.
tap it in then try to engage the safety. If that does not work try tapping the safety
with a rubber mallet the stock may be tight or have excess material keeping the
safety from moving.
I can close the trigger guard but safety won’t move, although I haven’t tried hitting it with rubber mallet. In the pic showing the trigger guard open that’s as far as it will open. I’ll bang on it when I get home.

·
Formerly "raf"
4,117 Posts
Here you go. This is also as far as the trigger guard will open.
View attachment 67438
View attachment 67437

You mean here?
View attachment 67439

I can close the trigger guard but safety won’t move, although I haven’t tried hitting it with rubber mallet. In the pic showing the trigger guard open that’s as far as it will open. I’ll bang on it when I get home.
Yes. Disregard my previous comments on this particular subject.

Going by the pix you just supplied, you don't appear to have reached inside and cocked the hammer. Do this first before attempting to engage the safety. You may need to re-latch the trigger guard to do both of these things.

Once hammer has been manually cocked, and the safety engaged, then un-latch the trigger guard, swing the trigger guard as open as possible, and then remove the trigger group.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes. Disregard my previous comments on this particular subject.

Going by the pix you just supplied, you don't appear to have reached inside and cocked the hammer. Do this first before attempting to engage the safety. You may need to re-latch the trigger guard to do both of these things.

Once hammer has been manually cocked, and the safety engaged, then un-latch the trigger guard, swing the trigger guard as open as possible, and then remove the trigger group.
I’ve tried that multiple times. Doesn’t work.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts