Perfect Union banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Newest member of the family.
Brand new 584 series.
Hopefully hit the range Tuesday to break her in. So far a complete take down inspect clean and lube, No issues found.
Removed front sling loop.
Installed .050 gas bushing that is also .021 longer. Evenly spaced and torqued the Gas block screws to 28 in pounds.
Installed Wilson 1911 shock buffers front and rear.
Shim bedded the rear of the receiver. Installed the factory weaver rail and Romeo5 red dot.
If initial range session goes well I will do a trigger job as the pull is horrible 7lb., then shim bed the front of receiver and install a bipod stud. I will also be mounting a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st range outing went great
Only shot at 50yds. Because of high winds. First 4 shots were just over an inch. Next two groups were under an inch. No flyers.
However, I realized I don't care for red dots, so there will be a couple for sale in the classifieds. Fired about 40 rounds total and a very pleased.
Will probably add an Accu-strut just because I like the looks and if it helps a little that's just a plus.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very nice. Likewise, my 585 trigger was terrible out of the box. Dry fired one time and said, "Okay, you need some work".

Would like to see pictures of the shims, or if you can you link me to where you got the idea.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would like to see pictures of the shims, or if you can you link me to where you got the idea.
I have done this with many rifles in lieu of bedding. Works very well
On this one I used a .010 aluminum shim and a .016 brass shim.
Even amount on both sides. Just so the action is snug. I used a dab of superglue to hold them in place for assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Newest member of the family.
Brand new 584 series.
Hopefully hit the range Tuesday to break her in. So far a complete take down inspect clean and lube, No issues found.
Removed front sling loop.
Installed .050 gas bushing that is also .021 longer. Evenly spaced and torqued the Gas block screws to 28 in pounds.
Installed Wilson 1911 shock buffers front and rear.
Shim bedded the rear of the receiver. Installed the factory weaver rail and Romeo5 red dot.
If initial range session goes well I will do a trigger job as the pull is horrible 7lb., then shim bed the front of receiver and install a bipod stud. I will also be mounting a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6
Very nice! Is that a see through scope mount? Name/ model number? Distributor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts