Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, muchas gracias to S-man and Mike for the AWESOME mag ID photos.

Now to the question, I have some mags on the way that have "McCoy Mobile" on the base plate. I've seen photos of them, they have a welded tab on the back, and other than wear and a little surface rust on a couple, look to be a dead ringer for Masen mags.

Anyone ever hear of these???

I'll definitely post when they get here. I've been on a mag rampage lately, I scored two Ruger factory 20s, two PMI 20s, three like new Masen 30s, and now six of these. Hope I don't get screwed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
McCoy Mobil update.

Well the mags finally got here. They are WELL used mags. Finish worn, a little exterior rust, but well formed with the proper mag latch tab with two spot welds. Well formed feed lips, but not as heavy as the Masens. Dimensionally, they appear to be identical to my Masen mags, with the exception of three stiffening ribs on the side as opposed to two on the Masens. Even have the little inspection hole in the side, along with a second one lower on the mag that shows round 25 or so. Thats the good points.

On the negative, the followers are too narrow to engage the hold open lever to its upper limit, the bolt is held open when mag is empty, but slams shut when mag is removed. No problem here, both the Masen and Ruger followers fit into the MM mags and work properly. I'll chase down some new followers.

The round hole in the front and the lips on a few of the mags are pretty worn and beat up. I've never seen this type of wear with my own mags, I wonder if they were used in a full auto mini?

All in all, worth the $76 I paid for six of them.

Pics to follow when I can chase down my buddies digicam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.