Perfect Union banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
In 2015, I won a very nice Windham AR 5.56 with a mid-length gas system 16" bbl and Magpul grip/handguard. It's a very nice rifle, and shoots well. I sold it to a friend the next year to fund the purchase of a new 583 series Mini 14. I've always wanted a Mini since I first shot one in the early 1980s. I prefer wood and blued steel rifles, and also don't really like shooting a rifle/shotgun equipped with a pistol grip.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
AS I approach 70, I have really decided to cut back on black rifles. I will keep one basic AR15 I got from my son, my MIni-14 and Mini-30 (and maybe a second Mini-30) and my USGI M1 Carbine, I have an 18" 1897 Winchester pump I use for CAS I can use for HD. That means my AK, my S&W 916 Police riot 12 GA, and four ARs will be (or are already) for sale at the LGS. I have also sold or are selling a few handguns. I am keeping my 1945 Canadian Inglis Browning Hi Power with shoulder stock, and the three 9mms I use as carry guns.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think right now you can still buy an AR upper & lower from Palmetto State Armory for less than what a new Glock pistol fetches. That’s a bargain.
If you don’t like em, that’s fine. But it’s a good reliable platform still in service, parts are cheap and they’re easy to fix & customize. And they come in about every caliber out there.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It is basically a clone of a USAF GAU-5/P like I had in the AF Reserve after I got of the Army in the 70s, though the GAU I had had a 1/12 twist 14.5" pencil barrel, not a 16" 1/7 twist like this one. Weighs in at about 6 pounds empty.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I'm suffering Rangemasters dilemma, I built too many AR uppers and now I need to move some along. I'm wanting to go down to a few bolt action rifles and reduce the numbers so no one has to deal with them 10 years from now.

kwg

·
Registered
46 Posts
So been thinking about selling my AR's and replace them with a Mini-14.
Just have to talk my wife into the idea.
She really likes the AR's but I haven't taken her out to shoot a Mini yet. I'm kinda over my AR craze and want more practical, which for me is the Mini.
Lighter, handles better, fits in the truck better and accuracy is Very good. And no AR's gets me off the Commiefornia radar.
So to me it's a win win.
Thoughts?
Brother, NO ONE loves their Mini 14 more than me, but even I went out and bought an AR this summer! The AR has truly become "America's Rifle, KEEP THEM! Having both is the best option!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Have no plans to buy any more ARs, Mini’s, bolt guns, shotguns or cas rifles. I’m 70 and have enough toys. Going to try enjoy shooting and finish projects in 2022. Had recently looked at a BRNO 98/22 but it’s 8mm and I refuse to reload another darn caliber.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well,
My wife says I'm keeping the AR's.
I still need to cut back on what I have,
Will have to see what else I can part with.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have four AR-15 rifles and I really only need one, maybe two at the most. So I'm thinning the heard by gifting one to my son for Christmas, he's never had any. That leaves one left getting sold in the near future. I own three Mini's which are going nowhere, they are all keepers. I own way too many rifles that never get shot just taking up space, most are 22's and not really worth much $, but I would feel much better with them gone to someone who can enjoy and use them.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My propose final line up is: Mini-30, Mini-14, Ruger PC9, retro AR15, Inland M-1 Carbine. Leaves three ARs for sale....I already Sold the AK.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts