·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With as much as this gun cost and the price of 8mm ammo (turkish 39.00 for 700 rounds) you cant afford not to have one of these.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I recently bought a 8mm mauser and I'm really impressed with it's accuracy at 200 yards. I put out a 5 inch group with a less than comfortable rest and iron sights. How do you deal with the corrosive ammo? I completely disassembled mine and washed in the tub, then dried everything. I did this twice. Now I buy the expensive ammo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KC
:usa:

·
Registered
279 Posts
My 8 MM is as accurate as anything I have ever had built, I use only reloads and love to shoot this old relic ! I agree that you cannot , not, own one of these.:usa:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweets 7.62 solvent is what I use for corrosive ammo. Matter of fact I use it for everything now. Its ammonia based so it neutralizes corrosive salts and removes copper deposits.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The factory rear sight was removed. Its collar also, this requires some heat because the collar is soldered on. Then use a weaver base for the thompson contender( I dont recall which number it is ). Good luck on your project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts