Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to get a bull barrel for a marlin model 60?? I can find them all day long for the 10/22 but i would love to have one for my marlin, any ideas besides custom $$$ work??

·
Registered
285 Posts
My Marlin is so accurate with its Micro-Groove barrel(even after 25000) rounds I wouldn't think about replacing it.
But to answer your question, I don't think I've ever seen a bull barrel for a Marlin,sorry.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you look at the diameter of the Model 60 barrel, you'll see it's not exactly skinny. I always considered mine to be a midweight version, between a standard skinny tube and a varmint class barrel. If accuracy is a problem, experiment with all the ammo you can find, every gun likes something different, and you have to test them to find it. And when changing ammo brands, swab out the barrel, then fire a few fouling shots before you start testing. Before I gave it away, my Model 60 was good for half-inch groups at 50 yards, as long as I didn't screw up the shot. Made a lot of squirrels very nervous, if they lived long enough to get that way. BTW, your bench technique has a lot to do with your group size, talk to some stool shooters (benchrest guys) to see if they can help you get a consistent hold for each shot. I almost threw a gun away before someone showed me a better way to hold! :blink:
PJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts