Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple Marlin 336cs Rifles,I have the 30-30 and the 35Rem They are both excellant shooters.All the gun Magazines say this is attributed to Marlins Micro Groove Rifling which is patened by the way.What exactly is micro groove rifling?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Good idea to NOT shoot lead or cast bullets in your Marlin. The micro-groove will lead up to fast and it is a real booger to clean out.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you look down the barrel you will see the spiral of the rifling but it's harder to see the land areas. (at least for me) The rifling is shallower so it doesn't distort bullet as much, it flies better, better accuracy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is double what most barrels have, hence they can be shallower and distort the bullet less.

As to leading, it's a MYTH! You just have to find the right combination of hard cast bullet and proper load, usually under 1550 fps to get good results. I do this with my 1894S in .44 magnum all the time. I use WW cast bullets that are water quenched. For full house loads I go to jacketed bullets.

The Micro Grooved barrels are great for better accuracy out of all of Marlins rifles, especially the .22's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts