Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pissed off at the lack of folding stock options for my marlin one day so i decided to make one...sawed off the stock, installed an AR pistol grip and a butler creek folder that i had in the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that would be pretty neat, i think its 18in stock but id have to measure. Looks a little longer because i shortened the forend by about 3in. Eventually i'd like to do a little cosmetic work to dress it up but its solid right now. Right now its just a plinker. Its just more fun to shoot now and has a more natural feel. I'm a big fan of .22s as practice guns, cheaper ammo. More ammo = more shooting more often. Also if shtf it will fit nicely in the top of my ruck with 500rnds and only weight a few pounds.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I'm also a big fan of the Marlin 60. I've had 2 now and here is what my current one looks like. Its stainless with a Dragonov style stock. It is very accurate but picky about ammo. I'm shooting the CCI AR rounds now and they work very well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like what you did. Can you tell me how you have the AR grip installed? Did you use the rear screw hole of the trigger guard and did you have to do any modifications to the grip itself?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i replaced the factory screw, rear of the trigger guard with a longer one, 1 1/4 in long 8x32 fine thread i believe. I used a screw checker at home depot on the factory to match it. The existing hole in the AR grip did not line up right so i drilled a new one then just used a dremel to contour the back of the trigger guard until it would go into the slot in the grip. I removed material a bit at a time, fit checking as i went so i could get a nice interference fit. The taperd the stock a little on each side to provide a little more clearance for the safety.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hmmm...... Gives me an Idea for an old 10/22 stock I have lying around.

Looks good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts