Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoever thought it was a good idea to stop making a pistol caliber carbine in 45 acp that accepts 1911 magazines should be flogged. They're charging outrageous prices for the used ones on gunbroker.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Had a new 9mm Marlin and sold it years ago, now I kick myself.
Yes they should make new carbines in .45, 9mm or .357 I'm sure they would sell lots of them if they also had Hi-cap mags as well and not like Ruger did with the Deerfield .44mag with only 4 rounds.
The only .45ACP we can get down here in NZ is the HK and thats $ 2000.00USD plus.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Whoever thought it was a good idea to stop making a pistol caliber carbine in 45 acp that accepts 1911 magazines should be flogged. They're charging outrageous prices for the used ones on gunbroker.
Marlin made the decision to stop production of the .22 Magnum, 9mm Para and the .45acp semi-auto Carbines for what I've read and been told 'political reasons'. Marlin Co. feared one of thise Carbines would be viewed as an 'assault weapon' or used in a shooting.
that said I agree with you they are a fine pistol caliber carbine. my .45acp is a real tack-driver and has won me quite a few $$ at impromptu 'Bullseye' shoots at campouts when we shot to knock out the dot on a 50' target.
I keep my .45acp loaded and locked hanging from a wall hook in case I should need it after my SXS 12ga Mag and my Makarov.
a good HD weapon - outside the home with 10rd Mec-Gar mags. I've shot enough 2X8's at 100 yds to know that I don't want to get hit w/a slug comeing out of one.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a new 9mm Marlin and sold it years ago, now I kick myself.
Yes they should make new carbines in .45, 9mm or .357 I'm sure they would sell lots of them if they also had Hi-cap mags as well and not like Ruger did with the Deerfield .44mag with only 4 rounds.
The only .45ACP we can get down here in NZ is the HK and thats $ 2000.00USD plus.
The only .45 ACP carbines I know of are the Beretta CX4 and the aforementioned HK. Both are priced outrageously. Outrageously enough that I'd likely laugh in the face of anyone who tried to sell me one.

The only option I see is to use the conversion unit sold by Mec Tech. It converts a 1911 Government frame into a rifle. I've thought about getting a cheap frame and parts, minus barrel and slide, from Sarco and putting one together.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marlin made the decision to stop production of the .22 Magnum, 9mm Para and the .45acp semi-auto Carbines for what I've read and been told 'political reasons'. Marlin Co. feared one of thise Carbines would be viewed as an 'assault weapon' or used in a shooting.
that said I agree with you they are a fine pistol caliber carbine. my .45acp is a real tack-driver and has won me quite a few $$ at impromptu 'Bullseye' shoots at campouts when we shot to knock out the dot on a 50' target.
I keep my .45acp loaded and locked hanging from a wall hook in case I should need it after my SXS 12ga Mag and my Makarov.
a good HD weapon - outside the home with 10rd Mec-Gar mags. I've shot enough 2X8's at 100 yds to know that I don't want to get hit w/a slug comeing out of one.
Now that Remington has bought out Marlin, maybe this political BS will go to the wayside.

My dad's a machinist. I ought to get with him and see if we can design and build a blowback or gas operated 45 acp carbine that takes 1911 mags. I'd probably want a modular magazine well on it too, so you could switch between single stack mags and hi-cap mags. In any case, if we could actually get it built we'd be frackin' rich...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts