Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished this little project. I've had the gun for awhile and after using a scout setup on my Model 1895 450 Marlin I decided I liked it well enough to do the same with this one. The 450 has a Burris scout scope so I decided to try the Leupold on this one. Plus...the Burris was not offered in the silver. This is one sweet shooting little rifle. I can't wait to get it to the range and get it dialed back in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Originally posted by rugmar@Aug 20 2005, 10:09 AM
I just finished this little project. I've had the gun for awhile and after using a scout setup on my Model 1895 450 Marlin I decided I liked it well enough to do the same with this one. The 450 has a Burris scout scope so I decided to try the Leupold on this one. Plus...the Burris was not offered in the silver. This is one sweet shooting little rifle. I can't wait to get it to the range and get it dialed back in.
I do like those Marlins! How bad id the recoil on that gun? And what is the accuracy like?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The recoil is not bad at all IMO. Maybe like a 30.06 or a little less. Accuracy has been decent so far but until now I've just been using the Iron sights. It has been quite easy to put five shots into a three inch circle at 100 yds even with my old eyes. I'm sure I can Improve on that now with the scope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts