Perfect Union banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As they said in the stock commercial, "It's time to put some lipstick on this pig." Everyone agrees that the factory 5 round mags make the Mini a very reliable gun.

I did an experiment and found a way to sort of banana clip two together. It is very sturdy and fast to switch between the two magazines. Way faster than indexing one from a mag pouch.

Am I re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic? I don't know. Take a look at these pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
716 Posts
How about putting 2 more out at 90 degrees to the other screws? Don't they make a 'cross' screw? Not to suggest doing anything illegal or anything. I wonder if there is a law specifically written for such? Shhhh... don't give any politicians any ideas.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
We have a new member, that in his country is only allowed 5 shot mags, he might be interested in this set up.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Why not just bolt the two floorplate section together flush with out the extra nuts and threading exposed? It'd be alot more compact.
Just my 2cents :cool:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted to make it so that I could release the floorplate when I wanted to unhook them. If they were flush, I couldn't get them apart.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks Dave,great idea I guess I will be calling Ruger again to purchase some more factory Mags ,thanks again for sharing your invention!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The downside to this is that you could bend the mag lips on things, jar a round loose, or get dirt in your gun. It looks dumb. But, it is fast.

To be honest, the Mini is just a fun gun. If things were serious, I would grab my Garand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah,American ingenuity hopefully the liberals won't make that against the law.Sweet set up,much better than duct taping them together.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Dave, do you have a digital camera? I've tried using my scanner on photos, but somehow it is either in the wrong format, or too large. Can you give some pointers?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just scanned in a picture and Know a little about this stuff anyway. It needs to be saved in .JPG format and scanned at 150 DPI for it to fit.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
bugdrvr, I have the windows 98, when I scan, and save something it is saved, but I'm not given an option to choose the format, only where it is to be saved.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am using XP Pro now and haven't used 98 for a while, but the program I'm using to with my scanner is Arcsoft photostudio (came with scanner) .When you ask it to save you may get a popdown menu that goes with it, if you get this try clicking on "save as".
If you're not getting the menu sometimes rightclicking on the item will bring up "save as". This is just general advice as I don't know what program you're using. But there is definitly a choice of formats that you can save in somewhere in you're program. Many different graphics programs use different formats and you're scanner software is supposed to be able to work with most of them.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Thanks for your help bugdrvr. I have adobe photo deluxe, and MGI Photo suite 4. I'll play around with it some more. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts