Perfect Union banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys change your main spring? I just reached 1,000rnds through my Mini and I think that I'm going to order a new main spring from Wolf.:ar15:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have Wolff in mine. But I'm just partial to their springs. I'm sure the Ruger springs are fine. The Wolff spring is a little stiffer.

·
Registered
685 Posts
it's always a good idea to go with a wolff main spring, and if your going to order it try a buffer tech buffer to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just took out my buffer tech recoil buffer because it was not allowing my mags to lock the bolt open after the last round. As soon as I fired my mini without the buffer, the bolt locked back like it should.:usa:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Buffer tech owners:
Is there a noticeable reduction in felt recoil when you install these things? Thanks
-Grinch

·
Registered
224 Posts
Don't know yet- I just odered mine along with a wolf spring. Should be in this week.
I read somewhere on this board that the buffers have to be broken in w/ a couple hundred rounds to allow the hold open to work.

Does anybody else here think that boogeyman ownes stock in Brownells?;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FYI- The Buffer Tech recoil buffer does reduce felt recoil, but even after 530rnds it still would not allow the bolt to be held open on an empty mag. It also made it difficult to manually lock the bolt back. I decided that I would endure my Minis harsh recoil:) in exchange for knowing that she was out of ammo.:ar15:

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've never actually seen a recoil buffer. Is there any way it can be trimmed/filed/sanded down slightly so it will allow the bolt to be held open?

·
Registered
685 Posts
it can be trimed as it is plyable and can be cut,sanded,cliped and what ever you want. i'm going to play with the front buffer idea. when i get another i'm going to cut it with a very fine trim saw right down the center to try up front. try sanding the buffer that won't let bolt stay back a little at a time on a sanding block with 150 or what you prefer....let us know

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm starting to feel really lucky (and guilty) listening to you poor devils wail on about your buffers. My experience was absolutely painless. I just dropped it in and kept a rollin' without so much as a single hiccup. No break-in time. Surely I can't be the only one who got a good one?

·
Registered
685 Posts
mine is buff tech to. now it's just hit or miss when manualy pulling the slide back and trying to lock it open. i'll deal with it

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just finished installing the burrer tech in the Mini (186 series)along with a wolf mainspring at boogeyman's suggestion. (Hope you got your commission:D ) The manual lock only works when the op rod is brought back quick & firmly. I think I got lucky! It's raining here now so I can't say about live fire, but I'll keep you posted.
It does look to me that a little sanding would reduce the thickness and allow the hold open to function properly. Just be sure to clean the buffer thoroughly after sanding, you don't want any excess grit rattling around the action!

·
Registered
685 Posts
THEY DON'T GIVE ME COMMISION, THEY TAKE IT OFF MY BILL:D. I DID TAKE OUT MY WAR HAMMER (ESTWING 28oz) and almost smacked it...but did not as my thumb still hurts from thursday:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: i think i'll sand it .

1 - 20 of 34 Posts