Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been on here before, but I did not see it currently. I have some non-Ruger steel mags and about 60 % of them do not feed because the round jumps out of the feed lip when the bolt comes back. I have tried turning around the mag spring, shaving off the follower so it does not jamb, bending the feed lips down to about 45 deg. I am shooting m855 ball Israeli made. Help!
ches

·
Registered
13 Posts
:) I believe the distance between the oposing lips of the mag. is your solution. It is about 11.5 mm if I remember correctly. You can measure that of the factory mag to be sure. Some mags made out of very thin or soft metal that the distance keeps getting wider with use. Remember to be patient in changing the shape slowly and evenly. Overcorrecting and other problems with feeding might start. It is touchy enough that most nonruger makers have a hard time making cheaper ones work. Hope this message helps. OPham.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I got some bushmaster mags 20 rnd mini 14. They have no names on them. Only 10% failed to work when full and firing 4 shots from them. I had to bend up the rear left corner of the feed lip on evey single one of them. It would catch on the rim of the left uppermost cartridge if not bent up.
I am very happy with this number of good working magazines.
ches

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been thinking, any info out there on converting mini 14's to accept AR15 mags? Is this a legal conversion? It seems some kind of mag well could be attached to the bottom of the rifle or receiver. I do not know whether the bolt on the mini would pick up a cartridge from the mag. The AR15 lower two lugs catch the rim of the cartridge. The mini 14 lower 1/5 th or so of the bolt face rim catches the rim of the cartridge. Food for thought!
ches

1 - 4 of 4 Posts