Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info or diagrams on the single round training Mag's interanals. The 5 and 10 are identical other than the number of turns on the drum tensioner and a tab. Wondering about the singles. If they are I know were a (BUNCH) of them are at a sane price if they can be modified if not well it is insane!
Col. L

· Registered
2,540 Posts
I've never even held one of the single-shot mags...

I'd imagine they're the same inside as the 10- or 5- rounders, just with a small tab which keeps the drum/follower from moving further than the width of one round. I can't see Ruger engineering an entirely new magazine just for single-shot use, as I doubt they've sold many of them to start with.

· Registered
3,368 Posts
Any info or diagrams on the single round training Mag's interanals. The 5 and 10 are identical other than the number of turns on the drum tensioner and a tab. Wondering about the singles. If they are I know were a (BUNCH) of them are at a sane price if they can be modified if not well it is insane!
Col. L
Well why don't you let me in on it and I will take it apart and find out?;)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
single round mags

I awaiting them as we speak would have liked to had it lined up info wise to save any future frustration in the case they (might) be totally differant. Could be moving parts wise a semi inert mag made to accept. One and only one rnd. regardless I don't see them as a Corp tooling up for 3 independantly differant internals. As was stated the 5 and 10 are for the most identical and for those not mechanicly inclined google maintenance a guy put up decent instructions step by step Mag's for dummies style. Ive rebuilt enough Mag's in weapons from rare to not in some extreme conditions. And as simple as they are having a little bit better than a basic working knowledge is advisable don't care who it is. A mil issue m4 20 round mag 5 basic parts but they can be ruined if tweaked on or not paying attention and smallest bur or bend leave it useless. My 10/22 is set up 2 stage trigger and bolt speed is improved so I turn from factory 6 on the tensioner to 8 and have never had a misfed or jammed round. If I can get an edge on these other Mag's that would be nice save me the BS in between.

· Registered
1 Posts
The ruger 1 round magazine can be turned into a 10 rounder very easily. Remove the red end cap were you will find a peg molded into cover, cut/remove peg reassemble. You now have a 10 round magazine. I would be interested in buying some if forsale.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
10 round

Got the singles in today took face off and cut pin at the 1 o'clock it is in the 6 o'clock to modify the 5 round if you have them. But did mine then wound and wallah 10 round Mag's!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.