Perfect Union banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up some promag 10's (yes, i'm in kalifornistan), picked up a john masen muzzle brake, ended up going with a sigtron SI 39x40WA.

i guess all i need now is the mini 14 itself.;)

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Don't forget to try an assortment of ammo. A couple boxes of different weights, different brands, to see what your new mini likes best, before buying a large quantity.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just picked up a Sightron 3X9X40 Mil-Dot myself. I understand with the mini a good warranty is necessary for the scope. the Sightron has lifetime, so I guess that will do. the mil-dot is real sweet and helps for distance. this is my first time on so expect to hear from me regularly. terrydill

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum terrydill. You did the right thing getting a quality scope. You just have to buy one, unless you buy another rifle. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
cajungeo, I have always used Simmons, BSA or Bushnell scopes. I have only had the Mini for about two weeks. After finding this web sight I have learned a lot about it. First off, I knew I had to get a quality scope. I wanted a Leupold, but the matte finish that I like was $60 more that the gloss.( go figure). I found the Sightron at Midway USA and they treated me great. The next thing I learned from this forum was to get in touch with MIKE
in Oregon. I got the package deal of (gas jets, shock buffer, trigger adjustment and I even bought the bedding video. I have taken care of everything but the bedding. I think I will have to watch the video a couple times more just to feel comfortable with doing the bedding. As I told Mike I am having total knee replacement surgery May 15, so while I'm getting better ( and bored ) I may give the bedding a try. Thank you for welcoming me to this forum. I know there are a thousand things I will need to ask as time goes on.
later terrydill

·
Registered
535 Posts
Terry
Welcome to the forum. I am in the Westerville area. I use a Sightron Tactical 4X16 MilDot on my 308 and I am very happy with it. I have a Bushnell 3X9 MilDot on my Ranch and have had good results with it so far but haven't put a lot of rounds through it since I mounted the Bushnell. Don't let the bedding put you off, a little common sense and taking plenty of time will get you the results you want.

Do you ever go to the state range at Delaware State Park?

·
Registered
7 Posts
dvdstdg, thanks for the welcome. Glad to know that there are other Sightron users out there. I just got off Brownells' web page, checking out the bedding kit. As to your question about the
"range". I live about five miles from Deer Creek, so that's where I go to shoot as well as private places. later terrydill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts