Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question for those who know springs: I Currently have several USA 30 rd mags. they work well. I have found a source for factory 30 rd springs. Do any of you know if they would fit in the USA mag Cases? I only ask due to the fact that springs wear out and I was going to buy some to replace worn springs.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey bro, glad ta hear from ya. Sorry I haven't used the springs, but I can think of no reason for the 30 rd mini springs not to work in a 30 rd mini mag. regardless of the brand, or with a little snip, not to work in a 20 rd mag. The new spring will be taller than the old one. I keep my mags empty so the spring will not be prematurely compressed, but if I were keeping it ready for home defense I'd load a mag with half or less, and maby some stripper clips loaded ready? As cheep as a spring is you ought to go far it, and get ya some. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
King, Where did you find the mag springs,I have a mag without a spring its is just a door stop with out one...:D

·
Registered
723 Posts
Good news to my ears I have bunches of USA brand mags so far they work well but everyone tells me their junk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rugster, I have never had good luck with USA mags, I have one now that will only work if loaded with 12 rounds. It is not bent I guess it is the spring the same thing happend with two others USA mags I had. I will stay with PMI and Thermold, :eek:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have some mags from Victor and one from USA. I've
heard that the springs that fit the m-16,ar-15 30 rnd
mags will work real good in mini-14 mags. I'm gonna
get ahold of the folks at Wolff Springs and get a couple
of their m-16 30rnd mag springs stick em in both the
Victor and USA. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To my Cajun friend: Purchased 10 Wolf springs in a pack. They were made for Ruger mags. The springs are a little shorter, but the diameter of wire is larger. They are suppose to be 5% extra power. They fit in the USA mags good. Went out to shoot today and had 0 malfunctions with the new springs. I highly recommend them. Wolf has a web sight that you can order the springs over the net. They were about 49.99 plus shipping for a 10 pack, but they do sell them by 1 or 3's. By the way the old springs that I took out were as much 3 to 4 inches shorter or longer than each other. Some of them were never used. New springs make my mag's smile. Web sight is www.gunsprings.com. I also replaced the recoil, extractor, and hammer springs with Wolf.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Thanks for the link King. I'm adding it to my favorites list.

BTW did you ever get those crows under control?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only way I could get rid of all of the Crows is to send a few to you in LA. I understand they like mudbugs better'n me. I need smart bullets to follow the crows. They are intelligent and cunning birds. I'll keep on keeping on.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
There is an interesting article on Digital Crow Hunting, in April issue of Predator Xtreme. It said the crows are more easily fooled by the digital CD sound than the cassette. They cover decoys, calls, camofloge, and hunting upwind so the sound carries, and flying toward ya in the wind, they come in slower for better shots. Ya might want to see the article.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts