Perfect Union banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the mag, there is a bar in back and a hole in front. thats what holds it in place. has anyone tried to make a metal clip on style adapter to use ar mags?

its been a while since ive held one, but from what i recal the ar mag is not wider. drilling a hole in front should be failry simple, but there is nothing to hold it in place in back.

just a thought. may have to look into it

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I think a clip-on "adapter" of sorts would be a good idea. I see two issues from the start, though.

First, how will you keep the clip-on, well, clipped-on? Any force applied to the mag while it's seated could cause the adapter to slip, leading to misfeeds.

Second, are the feed lips the same between Mini-14 and AR mags? One would assume so, as they're the same caliber, but it'd be something to check.

Not trying to discourage -- I think it'd be a marketable product, and something Mini-14 owners would buy by the truckload -- just some preliminary concerns. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is also the follower, dont think they match up. so it wouldnt lock open. the clip to be held on, i did think of that already, and have an idea, but then again it may be a moot point as an ar mag might be too large.

think i might be able to borrow one from the mil and do some test fittings (not droppin cash on something that may be a waste)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I'm sure someone will be along shortly with at least a side-by-side comparison photo. Surely one of us has an AR in the safe. Minis and ARs aren't a "one or the other" proposition, no matter how much the AR fanboys think so. :lol:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I've seen Ramline 30rd mags that were for both the Mini-14 and the AR-15. They were plastic.

·
hostilenativelibertarian.
7,825 Posts
;)Yea-better order a train carload or two -the'd be sold out before the end of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
I guess we could make some on the new 3d printers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.