Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new around here and hope I'm not asking a repeat question.

I have three magazines for Mini 14s. They are 30 rounders. Seem to be steel except for follower is plastic. Blue to black in color. I can find no ID marks on them.

I bought these long ago and have not shot the mini much. I am just hoping (dreaming) that these arr Ruger mags, not USA. Any way I can tell?

Thanks

James

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grinch,

Thanks. I suspected I didn't have the real deal. Too much to hope for that someone who didn't know what they were doing (me) would get the right mags.

Now I need to figure out what they are and what they are worth. I might have to take the minis to the range and test the mags to see if they are reliable. I have heard such bad things about USA mags. But these seem so superior to anything I have ever handled by USA. And while I am ignorant regarding Mini 14s, since I bought them I have caught the bug and shoot ARs, M14s and other rifles regularly. So I have some idea of what a decent mag feels like. If these are USA they made a mistake and built something right.

James

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am going to try some bushmaster mags. Check with me in a week or so and I will let you know how they work.
ches

1 - 4 of 4 Posts