Perfect Union banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a the local wally world - checking the ammo stock - empty and was talking to this guy also looking for ammo and we started talking - he sold his AR and still had the 2 mags = $30! I said I'll take them! - I think I got a deal?

anyway here's the question;

the 1, 30rnd mag says = D&H industries ? .... he said it was DPMS

the other was a 10rnd bushmaster / windam

I have only dealt with pmags so I don't know crap about metal mags
are they any good, do I need to do rebuilds- followers - springs etc...
I'd just like to make sure their good to go! I don't know when I'll get a chance to try them out.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
D&H are good mags. They are one of the contractors who have or maybe still make GI mags. They are the ones I prefer. Two or three weeks ago you could buy them from BCM for $10 each but at current prices you did OK. 10 rounders are usually a little higher, I have several bushmaster mags and have had no problems with them.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear that, they look well built.
I figured I got a deal he also threw in a set of rail covers and a carbine handguard with rails added.
Right now any mag under $20 seem like a fair price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The predecessor to D&H mags was Labelle, when Labelle had a USGI contract. D&H doesn't have a current GI contract, though, the mags are outstanding. Their Teflon coating is very attractive to many buyers. Black, especially. Before the 94 ban, Labelle made limited Teflon mag runs for DPMS and Bushmaster. Those mags were highly sought after, and went for astronomical prices then. BCM marketed their mag bodies during the ban for replacement part purposes.
Today, D&H makes mags for a few businesses, including Bravo Company USA(BCM) and DSG Arms in Ft. Worth. They recently started making Green Zombie mags and Power Pink mags. Very "purdy"!

·
Registered
62 Posts
It would be nice if there was somewhere to help identify which 30 rnd mags to stay away from.

I have read the ones with green followers are good, ones with black no good.

My self have tried to stay with La Belle inc mags. I have several of them and also some Center Ind. and one Adventure line mag.

Some dont have any markings on the bottom but the side is stamped 6P199, 08/06 (date)

At a gun show that I attended just before the pres came out with his EO. I bought 5 mags for $3.00 each.

I havent shot them yet, dont want to run 30 rnds just to see if it works:wacko:

A list of good, bad would be nice.

Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts