Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a no name mag that won't seat in place with the bolt closed unless you tap the bottom. With the bolt open it goes in and works great. Anybody had that problem or know of a cure?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Compare the height of the lips.I didn't understand if this is just a problem with a loaded or unloaded mag or both.My only 20 rnd mag would let the ammo ride too high resulting in the bolt mashing the brass on the right stack.I used some needle nose pliars(with tape on them)to adjust the lips.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey va hunter & major. I agree with bushwack this is a common problem with after market mags. It seems to be that filling to full capacty, there isn't any room left. When you seat the mag with bolt closed the top bullet hits on the bottom of the bolt, and needs to compress more for the mag to latch, but there is no room left. The remedy is to leave out a couple of rounds, or load with the mag open. One thing I noticed when comparing my 30 rd PMI's is they are 3/8" longer than my no names. Also 2 of my 4 new promags have this problem. However for me its not a big deal. I just load up with my bolt open, as you have to open it anyway to chamber a round.

There is also a second cause. It has to do with different magazine lengths. Check out this thread: http://www.perfectunion.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=1540

1 - 5 of 5 Posts