Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was really easy. First I took out the trigger group. disasemble it and polished the primary and the secondary sear. Cut the tension spring about 2 coils. I havent measured yet but I am happy with it.

My mini is on a choate pistol grip stock. Installed a shock buffer and a muzzle brake. If anyone has any sugestion for reducing my groups let me know.

Saludos dese Puerto Rico

:ar15:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
I'm glad your trigger job turned out good. Its always satisfying to do your own work, when possible. Assuming you found the ammo your mini likes, you could bed the stock, it will reduce your groups, and eliminate the flyers, install a smaller gas bushing, to reduce recoil, and muzzle flip for staying on target during rapid fire, and longer scope life, did I say scope? Scope it. It all depends on how much accuracy you want. You should be under 2" if you do all the above, and use a sand bag at 100 yds. Some people do most of their shooting a 50 yds, and their happy. Its just what ever you like. Good luck, and good shooting;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cajungeo:

My receiver fit right on my pistol grip stock, do u think it is necessary to glassbed??

Also I am still triying to find the perfect ammo for my mini, I have tried Wolf 55gr, Wolf 62gr, Winchester Q3131, PMC 55gr, Remington 55gr Varmint, and Federal 55gr,

Once I measured 1moa using Remington Varmint, but I have tried to make that group again without successs..

The muzzle brake wobles a little bit, do you think this can afect my groups at any distance

thaks a lot

·
Registered
260 Posts
you might try blackhills 52gr. match. it shot real well in my mini-14 . now i've got my handloads.:) :usa:

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Hey Marcos, its up to you weather to bed your stock, or not. I have never heard of it not helping with accuracy. Some guys don't want to bother with it. It helped mine.
Some of the muzzle brakes are a bit loose, it dosen't hurt anything, and won't affect your accuracy, if it bothers ya, you can add a bit of metal shim to take up the slack.
I know what you mean with the 1 inch group, that is a very nice group out of a mini, but if that was the average group out of 10---its nice to have a dream. I'm still chaseing mine with reloads.:D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Marcos,
Just a note or two on how the stock fits. I got some tips from "Accurizing the M14". First, the stock is all one piece, but it should only fit tight around the receiver, of course, after you lock the trigger group in place. Cajungeo has posted about the fit before.

But one surprise, was the stock should have only "some" pressure against the gas block. Not very much, though. There should not be enough tension there to "bend" the barrel. And you should put a small amount of grease where the gas block rubs the stock. It's important for resonance control that the stock gives a little reinforcement to the barrel. It's more important for accuracy that the gun settles back to the same spot after each shot.

Thanks for describing "how to" on the trigger job. I'm going to give it a try.

Good Shootin',

KC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Marcos:

I would like to know how did you polished the sears on the mini 14. I mean what type of tools did you use or would recomend using.

I have a Ranch stainless steel with composite stock that produces about 4.5 inch group at 100yds. And I would like to reduce the group to 2 inches more or less.

thanks for the help " y saludos a Puerto Rico" (greetings to PR).

mygunstoo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts