Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nevermind. I figured out a work around.
I'll leave my original post for reference. Let me know if you want me to follow up with the final product.

Hey all,

Would anyone be able to point me towards detailed physical dimensions of the M40A3/5? Or, would an owner of said rifle be willing to do some measuring for me?

I know this is a bit of an odd request, and fairly off the beaten path for this forum, but I'm doing some 3D modelling for a milsim and I was hoping to find some reference for properly scaling the model. Ideally, I had hoped to find someone in my area who would lend me the rifle for an afternoon, but so far no such luck.

Any input would be appreciated. I've been doing some digging and have only been able to find very general specs such as overall length and barrel length.

To sum it all up, if someone could get me the following measurements, I'd be VERY grateful!

Here's a picture of the measurements I'm hoping to get, for reference:

1. The widest part of the stock towards the recoil pad

2. The thinnest point of the stock near the end of the cheek rest

3. The height of the grip

4. The width from the top of the bolt to the bottom of the composite stock there (by the safety and bolt)

5. the width from the top of the barrel to the bottom of the stock at its widest point (by the chamber)

6. The widest part of the barrel before it tapers down

7. the thinnest part of the barrel, I know there's a muzzle brake on this one

8. (Not in the image) The width of the buttstock (perpendicular to the orientation of the first image)

9. (Not in the image) The width of the forestock (also perpendicular like 8)

I know that's a tall order, but if someone could either get me these measurements or point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!

If anyone has any questions, lemme know. If I'm posting in the wrong forum, just tell me to bugger off.

Thanks a million,

Ben

·
Banned
4,076 Posts
Last I knew M40 was a bolt action.

I'll give a couple of links that can fill you in on the exact parts used, all you will need to due is look up the individual part and most of the manufacturers have PDF's with the dimensions. Good Luck, Here are some starter links:

USMC M40A3

Marine Corps M40A3

Hope that helps. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts