Perfect Union banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that on the M14/M1A EBR chassis you can replace the stock, and it is designed to accept a shotgun stock and/or pistol grip (without an adapter) But which Shotgun? A Remington 870? Also, where can i find an adapter to fit AR stocks and grips to the chassis?

Thanks,

--jared P.

·
M14 guy
990 Posts
If you don't yet have a SAGE EBR stock, I urge you to get the M14ALCS/CV with the M4 receiver extension tube.
This EBR stock is much lighter than the original M14ALCS and it can accept all sorts of AR butt stocks.

If you currently own an EBR and want to install a different tail section I suggest you contact LAW483.com.
Tony has done all sorts of amazing things with SAGE stocks :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a sweet setup!! You must be proud of your baby :lol: It looks like your chassis has a shorter rail section than the original (is that to fit a 16" M1A?) and an adapter on the back to attach AR grips and stocks. Other than that are there any differences? Also, is it lighter because of the stock change? Or is the actual chassis lighter?

I have a Springfield SOCOM and National Match M1A, and they need some new clothes. I looked around for weeks and finally settled on the EBR. Troy was too clunky and the JAE is too sporty. I didn't think about it till now, but i don't think the M14ALCS will fit the SOCOM because of the longer rail section will it? I'm still undecided which to dress up with the EBR though.

NO, I don't have the EBR chassis yet, but the other night i was looking around the web getting my firearm fix for the day and had a CRAZY idea for one of my M1A's! I need to know what stock fits on the chassis once the pistol grip, stock, and adapter are removed though. If it is for an Rem 870 (which is what i believe i heard), i'm set.

If you visit the Sage International Web site (http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/si/index.html) and look under shotguns, they have the same EXACT grip and stock that is on the M14ALCS, but for a Rem 870. I'm just trying to confirm this. But let me know about your chassis, i'm interested. Thanks for the info.

--jared P.

·
M14 guy
990 Posts
That's a sweet setup!! You must be proud of your baby :lol: It looks like your chassis has a shorter rail section than the original (is that to fit a 16" M1A?) and an adapter on the back to attach AR grips and stocks. Other than that are there any differences? Also, is it lighter because of the stock change? Or is the actual chassis lighter?

I have a Springfield SOCOM and National Match M1A, and they need some new clothes. I looked around for weeks and finally settled on the EBR. Troy was too clunky and the JAE is too sporty. I didn't think about it till now, but i don't think the M14ALCS will fit the SOCOM because of the longer rail section will it? I'm still undecided which to dress up with the EBR though.

NO, I don't have the EBR chassis yet, but the other night i was looking around the web getting my firearm fix for the day and had a CRAZY idea for one of my M1A's! I need to know what stock fits on the chassis once the pistol grip, stock, and adapter are removed though. If it is for an Rem 870 (which is what i believe i heard), i'm set.

If you visit the Sage International Web site (http://www.sageinternationalltd.com/si/index.html) and look under shotguns, they have the same EXACT grip and stock that is on the M14ALCS, but for a Rem 870. I'm just trying to confirm this. But let me know about your chassis, i'm interested. Thanks for the info.

--jared P.
In the year 2000 some east coast SEALs began searching for a more compact M14 for arctic warfare.

For evaluation purposes the folks at CRANE NSWC and others custom built an assortment of M14 stocks
including one GI synthetic with the telescopic butt stock SAGE makes for the 870 shotgun attached.

SOCOM owners are getting better accuracy when their 16" rifle is in a TROY MCS.

Owners of 18" and 22" length rifles get better accuracy when their rifles are in the SAGE EBR.
The original chassis had a full length 13" fore end, these were replaced with the shorter "Chop Mod" with
a 11.25" fore end sometime in 2005. These changes resulted in a chassis that weighed few ounces less.

I hope that helps you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that does help a lot! If the 22" works better in the EBR, then that's the ticket. I've been thinking about selling my SOCOM anyhow. I wanted it for a good hog gun, but the full size works just as well until i get into some dense thicket. And i use my pistol then anyhow.

After reading about your guns and seeing them, i'm interested in getting a scout (18") M1A. I want my M1A to be able to take a deer around 500-600 yards no problem, and maybe a groundhog at 300-400 yards. I haven't yet scoped either of mine so i'm not sure on their (or my) capabilities. would you say an 18" model would be able to handle this, or should i stick with 22". Keep in mind i (my wallet) would like to do as little modification as needed besides a good scope and the new chassis. Am I asking too much?

Also, if i get a new scout model, what do you think i should go for? i know you like Norinco receiver and sei parts, but remember my picky wallet. Would i be needing to build one for the capabilities i'm looking for? Or would an off the shelf springfield scout work?

·
M14 guy
990 Posts
The 18" Scout can accurately reach beyond 700 yards.
I suggest that you find an old Bush rifle or a slightly used Scout.
Look for one that was built with as many USGI parts as possible - (bolt, op rod and trigger group).
Once you find the one you want, have a qualified M14 armorer check out before you go shooting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
H2O, I've decided to put my 22" in the sage chassis, and i'll put in as many USGI parts as i can along the way. I might replace the 22" barrel with an 18", but it depends on how happy I will be with this setup. And just to be sure, I won't have a problem replacing any of the parts (or getting them replaced) will I? Thanks so much for your excellent help!
Best to you and yours

--jared P.

·
M14 guy
990 Posts
H2O, I've decided to put my 22" in the sage chassis, and i'll put in as many USGI parts as i can along the way. I might replace the 22" barrel with an 18", but it depends on how happy I will be with this setup. And just to be sure, I won't have a problem replacing any of the parts (or getting them replaced) will I? Thanks so much for your excellent help!
Best to you and yours

--jared P.
I wouldn't rush to replace any parts unless they are giving you problems, I would instead gather the parts I wanted
and have them if and when I needed them. USGI and SEI parts are best as are Chinese op rods and trigger groups.

The 22" barreled action is right at home in the SAGE EBR stock...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts