Perfect Union banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 1st one on ebay seems way to much,even overpriced..
Besides ,i thought ebay was anti 2nd? or anti gun or sumthun similar....

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
There used to be a sticky on here somewhere about replacing the rear sight with an M1 Carbine rear sight.

You might also consider the Tech Sights rear sight. I have them on both newer series Ranch Rifles and older Mini-14's. They are a big step up from factory.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes it does ASI sells them all ready modded. I can't remember how much they want for it. I fitted mine myself.

·
Registered
529 Posts
^ What he said. Tech Sights just came out with a version for us guys with standard pencil barrel Minis..........Joe

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have tried unsuccessfully (yes I know the search tool is my friendl) to find the sticky on modifying an M1 Carbine sight to fit a Mini 14. Can anyone point me to that?

I am leaning toward that option simply because you can still find a carbine sight for around $30 while the Tech sights are almost $80. I can do some mods to save 50 bucks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have tried unsuccessfully (yes I know the search tool is my friendl) to find the sticky on modifying an M1 Carbine sight to fit a Mini 14. Can anyone point me to that?

I am leaning toward that option simply because you can still find a carbine sight for around $30 while the Tech sights are almost $80. I can do some mods to save 50 bucks.
There's some on eBay, even one already modded to drop in;

M1 Carbine Rear Sight Milled to fit Ruger Mini-14 and Mini -30 Ranch Rifles | eBay

·
Registered
1,117 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a question about the adjustment on the m1 carbine sights. I see where they have 3 preset range adjustments. Are these the only adjustments or do you zero the rifle and then use these?

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the info 51.

That is a good write up. It looks to me like you have to file your front sight to zero and then the only elevation adjustments are the preset notches.

That may be grounds to go with another sight as I tend to change ammo to whatever is cheapest at the moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts