Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered an M1 Garand from CMP and was going to begin picking up spare parts for it. Are there any companies I should stay away from when purchasing parts for the Garand? I have noticed alot of companies advertising in Shotgun News. Also, I am getting a Danish SA Garand. Will all other manufacturer parts fit in this Garand or do I need to stay with SA parts? I found a list of parts Clint McKee from Fulton Armory recommends to keep on hand. He recommends a high hump gas cylinder lock. Will these fit on all Garands even if it was an early one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
" when purchasing parts for the Garand?"
Stick with quality parts from Orion7, Fulton Armory or the CMP. Always buy from people who have established a good reputation, keep reading the posts and stuff to gain knowledge.

"Will all other manufacturer parts fit in this Garand?"
All USGI type parts should drop right in, only bolts and barrels really need fitting. The Beretta parts are well made and so are genuine USGI stuff.

"high hump gas cylinder lock"
This was made later in the M1 lifetime, it fits all rifles but is made to strengthen the rifle for firing grenades. Just a slight hump of metal added to the top of the lock, nothing super big deal. The regular locks all work well for normal use.

Hope that helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts