Perfect Union banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
Who can recommend to me, one of the best M1 Garand gunsmiths there is? I had a jerk of a gunsmith in Hummelstown,Pa. rip me off royal on a so called accurizing job! I gave this jerk all new parts to work with including a new Douglas heavy barrel. In turn, he substitutes a standard barrel for my Douglas! I didn't realize this till months later. Ya... I know, my stupidity! Live and learn! I thought I could trust this idiot. To top it off, when I checked the rifle over at his shop, I noticed four dings in the brand new Boyd stock! I said, what is this? He tells me, (QUOTE) OH... everyones gun leaves here with a ding or two in it!!! Then he tells me it'll cost me extra to have the dings removed. So... I'm back to square one, looking for a "TOP NOTCH" gunsmith. Would someone be able to recommend one to me please? Thank you for taking the time to read me message!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Woody: I have used Fulton for a rack grade Garand and was happy with the gun. I have found another gunsmith named Roland Beaver and had fantastic results. Roland has built 2 match grade 308 full size, and at least 6 Tanker Garands for me. There is a wait for full on accurized shooter but it is well worth it in my opinion. Roland is a real gentelman and really knows how to make a Garand run and live. He can be reached at 501 724-6388. He is located in Bald Knob, AR. Email me if I can answer any questions in particular--would be glad to help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Woody
Hello to all,
Who can recommend to me, one of the best M1 Garand gunsmiths there is? I had a jerk of a gunsmith in Hummelstown,Pa. rip me off royal on a so called accurizing job! I gave this jerk all new parts to work with including a new Douglas heavy barrel. In turn, he substitutes a standard barrel for my Douglas! I didn't realize this till months later.
Oh yeow Woody! That was a really raw deal! What a bastard that guy is! You should be really sure you spread the word about this reptile! He's nothing but a rip-off thief.

Live and learn I guess, but you couldn't have known this about him from the get-go. Have you said anything to him about it since?

Amy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fulton Armory or Orion 7 Both have web sites,I've known Tony P for some time and HE KNOWS Garands,NYC area I'm from Elmira NY,but don't know how close you are to NYC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts