Perfect Union banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I caught the movie Beverly Hills Cop II on TV this morning, and noticed at the gun range scene in the movie, a man in the background is shooting a stainless Mini 14 with some sort of contraption on the barrel. At first glance, it looks almost like a strut of some sort.

I looked it up on on imfdb.com, and it they actually describe what it is.
Beverly Hills Cop II - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

At the Beverly Hills Gun Club, a shooter is seen using what appears to be a Ruger Mini-14 that's been fitted with a laser sight underneath the barrel. This is a Laser Products Corporation (later Surefire) laser sight similar to ones used in The Terminator and Wanted: Dead Or Alive. This laser sight is easily distinguished by the proprietary LPC "clamp" as well as the actual sight's "bell-shaped" end.
After some more web searching, I came across this link where somebody salvages parts of a Mini laser unit to reconstruct his project:
45. Longslide with Laser Products sight, update

Has anybody actually seen one of these? The barrel shroud/clamp might have been effective at accuracy improvement?

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
I have never seen that before but most go with one of the strut dealers here, if it breaks, you have accessible parts, that one looks antique. I bought UTG clamps that work to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts