Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

We all know that WARNE makes the best quick detach scope rings for the Mini. I have them in the medium height for my Burris 3x9 and love their consistent return to zero ability. I am adding an UltraDot 6 to my optics stable, and what I want more than anything else is to get it nice and low for a good solid cheek weld. These are basically straight-tube red dots, like many others including the AimPoints and others.

The lowest WARNE's are about .460". I think there is a market for .275 or .375 QD rings. I *THINK* a set of .275's would allow co-witnessing of the Mini's very low sights. I contacted Justyn at WARNE to see if they could cook up a batch, and here is his response:

Hello Andrew,

First of all I would like to thank you for your interest in Warne products, and your positive feedback about the Ruger rings. A mount like that is not out of the realms of possibility. The main reason we don't make one is that I have never had a request for one. If we had enough demand, I am sure it would be something we could develop. The reason we don't make a height that low for those rifles right now is that it is too low to mount most scopes, so that mount would be specifically for a red dot (which we do in face make a ring specifically for an aimpoint, so its something we already do in concept). I will bring it up, and it may be something we can develop in the future.

Best regards,

Warne Scope Mounts
Toll Free: 1-800-683-5590
Direct: 503-482-6702
Warne Scope Mounts
www.warnetactical.com
9500 SW Tualatin Road
Tualatin, OR 97062

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. I've got to say, I'm liking Warne more and more. Quality parts, friendly folks, and they're open to new product ideas.

Most places would have just said, "Sorry, we don't make them. Perhaps we could interest you in our receiver-mounted Picatinny rail, on which you could then mount some of our low rings."

Just a thought... Warne's standard "Low" rings are .250". If that height would work for your UltraDot, it might be easier for them to stomach producing a batch of Low Ruger Rings, rather than setting up for .275" or .375". ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.