Perfect Union banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Louisiana House to Consider "Assault Weapon's" Ban and Ballistic "Fingerprinting" Bills! Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Please Make Your Voice Heard Today!
The Louisiana Legislature convened in late March for its 2008 Regular Session. Several anti-gun bills have been introduced and referred to the House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee.

State Representative Cedric Richmond (D-New Orleans) has once again introduced a ban on semi-automatic firearms, this time it is House Bill 68. Although he has dubbed this bill the "Assault Weapons Protection Act", make no mistake - it "protects" nothing and bans guns, subjecting people who own banned guns to fines and imprisonment - with hard labor - for up to two years.

HB 68 would ban pump-actions as well as semi-automatics, and millions more firearms than the Clinton "assault weapons" ban of 1994-2004. His definition of "assault weapon" would include numerous autoloading and pump-action deer rifles, autoloading .22 rimfire rifles, some 19th century pistols, as well as many firearms with a "military-style appearance" used for self-defense, target shooting and hunting. He even preposterously makes the claim that these firearms are "equally as dangerous as machine guns and explosive devices." The bill goes on to ban firearm parts such as muzzle brakes, ported pistol barrels, and other commonplace firearm accessories, calling them "assault weapons conversion kits." Here is a list of just a few guns that his bill would ban:
Center Fire Rifles: Benelli R1; Browning BAR, Mark II Safari autoloaders, Browning Pump Rifle; Colt, Armalite, Les Baer, etc. Match Rifles; DSA Model SA58; Fabrique Nationale FAL; Harrington and Richardson Models 340, 360; H&K 770, 2000, SL6, SR9, 300, 630, 91, 93; Marlin Camp Carbine, Model 992; Mitchell Model LW-9; M-1 Carbine, all makes and models; Reising Model 60; Remington 7400, 740, 74, 4, 8 semi-autos; Remington Model 7600, 760 pump-actions; Ruger Deerfield, Mini-14, Ranch Rifle, Mini-30; Springfield M1A, Match, Super Match, SAR-48, SAR-4800, SAR-8; Valmet Hunter; Winchester Models 100, 1905, 1907, 1910; .22 Rimfire Rifles AMT Hunter; Anschutz Model 525 Deluxe; Armscorp Model 20C; AR-7 Explorer and Henry U.S.; Beretta Neos; Browning Buckmark; Charles Daly Field Grade, Superior Grade; CZ Model 511, 611; Daisy Models 2203, 2213; Harrington and Richardson Model 700; Ithaca X5-C, X15; Iver Johnson Trailblazer; Mauser Model 105; Mossberg Models 152, 350, 352; Reising Leatherneck; Remington Models 597, Nylon 77, 522; Ruger 10/22; Savage Models 64, 7, 1903, 1909; Marlin Models 522, 7000, 795, 795SS, 70; Thompson/Center Classic Benchmark; Weatherby Mark XXII; Winchester Models 77, 490.

If no one writes their congressman it could happen. Here is the whole story and links to your congressmen.
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3782

· Registered
178 Posts
Is the bill still in committee ? Good chance it will die there, especially with some pressure. Do you have e-mail info for specific delegates/senators? I would be more than happy to write them.

Checked the nra-ila link, have the addresses,will contact committee members.

G

·
It's curious isn't it who proposed this legislation. Same thing happens in chicago. What happens when the president decides there is a mandate to do such a thing? I know there will be at least a few representatives in support. I'm tired of these moralizing prohibitionists. Are they really that isolated from reality to not see that banning things does not work?

· Registered
2,906 Posts
It's curious isn't it who proposed this legislation. Same thing happens in chicago. What happens when the president decides there is a mandate to do such a thing? I know there will be at least a few representatives in support. I'm tired of these moralizing prohibitionists. Are they really that isolated from reality to not see that banning things does not work?
It's all about "control of the masses". They are elitist - they know better than we do. They do not believe that we, the common man, are capable of making decisions for ourselves. They are doing it "for our own good". It's the same reason that the elitist liberals keep trying to push Communism down our throats - they believe that the only reason Communism hasn't worked is that it hasn't been lead by the right people - they of course, being the right people. Again, it's all about control.

· Banned
835 Posts
It's all about "control of the masses". They are elitist - they know better than we do. They do not believe that we, the common man, are capable of making decisions for ourselves. They are doing it "for our own good". It's the same reason that the elitist liberals keep trying to push Communism down our throats - they believe that the only reason Communism hasn't worked is that it hasn't been lead by the right people - they of course, being the right people. Again, it's all about control.
No offense but if you think that mentality is exclusive to liberals you obviously missed the biggest "we know better than you" regime in the history of this country with President Donkeyboy and his all weegieboarder support team!:lol:

However in the event you missed it you can see some of the results and fallout on every comedy show and news program appearing on the tube, nightly...except maybe FAUX ENT.:lol:

President Leadplate's become a comedic cottage industry!:lol:
...only they will miss the POS!:lol:

SD

· Registered
322 Posts
I can not believe this , this is the first I have heard , and I live here in Louisiana , born and raised here on A farm , I listen to as much news as I can , but I have never heard this before , we are one of the most Pro-Gun States there is , I can see now who started this , one of the liberals from New Orleans , the only place in the state where theres A small group of far left wing Liberals , and with the most Pro-GUN 2ND Amendment republican Governor we ever had an A very ProGun state , I can tell you its not going to pass ., but we can not take no chances , we must all do your part can call your Representatives , senators , and congressmen.

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will never hear of these kinds of proposals in the main media. They don't want their liberal comrads in congress to be swamped with phone calls, letters and e-mails of outrage from the masses.

· Registered
89 Posts
Political Prostitutes

Looks like the gobermint in every state if full of political prostitutes ,who have been bought off to do something for some special interest group . In Texas we have a governor who is sold out to Spanish road builders and Wal-mart ,trying to seize thousands of acres of private property to build a massive highway system . With a recession and gas at $4.00 a gal. it's stupid . We all just got mad as hell and started calling our neighbours and then our congressmen. It got stopped ,but they re-routed it to another highway . Just fight it , and get your neighbours involved , your church too.
It's for sure that the thugs and the drug dealers and pimps will keep their guns.

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Find out who the 1 is and vote-em out. Be aware Louisiana is the only state, that congressmen can vote oneway, but for public record only appear to have voted the other way.

· Registered
2,166 Posts
What's surprising about this is that he got any penalty at all.

Wish I could say it's because the La. Bar's Discipliniary Committee was so strict, but more than likely it was internal enemies turning the usually static wheels against him.

I miss a lot about Louisiana, but I don't miss the insider/crooked culture one bit. Ask the countless Cajuns now well-employed in Houston. They get ahead on merit, miss home a bit, but would never go back.

· Registered
36 Posts
My Louisiana Rep and Senator just heard from me. I am strongly in favor of laws to control drug dealers but little has been done to keep them in control. I am completel against gun laws. Recently a very good parishioner in my church was murdered in Youngsville, Louisiana. He was stabbed to death. At one time he considered being a priest but chose not to in order to care for ailing parents. He was a model Christian who would have given up his money and prayed with the thugs. Instead he was murdered in a quiet upscale neighborhood delivering pizzas. By the way no witnesses, little evidence, and no arrests by the Lafayette Parish Sheriff.

How would this gun law have prevented this?

Thanks,

Jim

· Registered
6,105 Posts
2008 thread, is this bill still around? In our vigilance we need to make sure our info is as up to date as possible

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.