Perfect Union banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 187xxx Ranch, and I'm looking to put the Accu-strut on it.

For me it has come down to aesthetics, and I prefer the 5" model, because of the 1 clamp. Will this suffice on my barrel, or should I go with the 6" 2 clamp model? I really dig Accu-strut's "clean" mounting system.

I looked at the Mo-Rod, but I just don't care for the big clamps.

Is there another alternative that I'm no seeing?

·
Registered
822 Posts
The two clamp model will give much better results on your rifle. I've been an Accu-Strut believer from the beginning and trust me, it does what it says. I have two, both original dampened but the newer models give the same benefits.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Also keep in mind,.........the manufacturers of Accu-Strut & Mo-Rod are
Vendors here. The directly contribute to the forum. That alone get's my business! :cool:

·
large member
2,089 Posts
I have a 187xxx Ranch, and I'm looking to put the Accu-strut on it.

For me it has come down to aesthetics, and I prefer the 5" model, because of the 1 clamp. Will this suffice on my barrel, or should I go with the 6" 2 clamp model? I really dig Accu-strut's "clean" mounting system.

I looked at the Mo-Rod, but I just don't care for the big clamps.

Is there another alternative that I'm no seeing?
alot of accu-strut post here recently

i could be incorrect, but in the research through old posts i did, there is not alot of accuarcy improvement noted/documented for the 1 clamp strut. the 2clamp however, it seems universally agreed it helps most mnis with accuracy (the best results being for the older minis) did you go to accu-strut's website and look at kevin's test results? my thoughts were that the 1 clamp model was to accomodate the shorter tactical barrels.

i could be wrong on any of this, but this was the overall conclusion i came to. besides, i think the 2 clamps look just as good myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will go with the 2 clamp rod then. I knew it was better for the barrel harmonics, but just wasn't sure how the SOCOM was working out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Also keep in mind,.........the manufacturers of Accu-Strut & Mo-Rod are
Vendors here. The directly contribute to the forum. That alone get's my business! :cool:
I can't comment on accu-strut but I'm partial to the Mo-Rod not only because they had one that fit perfectly for my GB barrel, but customer service was outstanding. I forgot to blue the screw and it worked out after 20 rounds. New one was in mail the next day at no charge, no questions asked even though it was my dumb fault.

That accounts for A LOT when I do business.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
My health problems got in the way before I could run tests on the single-clamp Socom. I decided to release the Socom without testing due to customer demand. It is still on my To Do list to complete this important testing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you like the shorter length of the SOCOM model, you could ask about getting a second clamp with it...
You can order a second clamp when you order the Accu-Strut, that is what I did.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That looks pretty sweet; how does it shoot?
Shoots great! But, I am making some changes to make it more of a CQC rifle. I have removed the bipod and added a Mako T-Pod foregrip. I removed the 3X9X42 scope and will be adding a red dot when I decide on which one. I would love to have an EoTech, but can't see forking out that kind of money for it, so it is either going to be the Vortex StrikeFire, a Lucid HD7 or a Leatherwood Hi-Lux 1X30............or maybe even a Burris FastFire. Hard decision to make on which one to choose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have had the Eotech and the Stikefire, and although I liked the Eotech reticle, for me I'd pick the Strikefire.
It's a well built piece of gear(even though it's Chinese).

Mine held zero great, and looked good to boot. It also seemed easier on the batteries

1 - 13 of 13 Posts