Perfect Union banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a laser on my Mossberg 500 pistol grip. Don't really need the laser for inside the house, but would like to be able to aim the shotgun outside if I have to deal with coyotes/varmints. It would be nice to be able to use the laser during the daytime, so I'm guessing I should go with a green one.
I've seen numerous lasers on various sights for under $100. While I don't need pinpoint accuracy with a shotgun (I have no plans on shooting slugs), I don't want something that is going to fall apart or off on me.
Does anyone here have a budget green laser on their 12 gauge that they like?

·
Registered
663 Posts
You don't necessarily need a green laser for it to be seen during the day time. Having said that, they do go much further due to the wave length differences between red vs. green light.

I would use a red laser for in the house to save a bit of money. Also the red laser will be just as good as the green inside. Go with a crimson trace one. My father has one on his pistol and I have one of their laser grips on a Kimber 1911. Both work great.

Crimson Trace Rail Master Laser Sight - Universal Rail-Mount Laser FREE S&H CMR-201. Crimson Trace Laser Sights.

Also, from your other posts I read you want to do some other things as well. For a quality green laser, go viridian. Stomach the price and they will hold up for years, not months.
Results for viridian green lasers - Sorted by Best Match, on Page 1 (20) Items - opticsplanet

As for a reflex on a 45* mount, there're tons of options. Not having any red dots currently I cant really say as to what would be the right choice for your application.

Hope this helps

Pet-Rock

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.