Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally got to pick up my mini.It was a used series 181,came with no mag as the guy who had consigned it brought it in with a 30 and this is CA.

So i ordered a couple 10's online and took them to the range.I am impressed with the rifle!...the mags were the worst garbage.
So I go to four-four,that i read about in this forum, and order 3 10rd Pro Mags.
I recieve them and they dont fit...the raised part that catches on the mag latch is too long by maybe 1/8" - 1/16" (it differed)
So i call and say what the @#@!!!?
The guy tells me newer minis take a slightly different size (of whatever you call the raised part) he says send 'em back or file 'em...so i file 'em.
They work great! Filed 'em,fed 'em,Fired 'em...not bad!
another thing....he said even if i filed em...if they still made me mad he take em back. I'm happy...anyone hear of this size difference before,though?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep,now i've read it...though i have to say its beyond me why ruger tampered with the size of the latch in the first place.
Maybe someone here can enlighten me.

I've owned AR's,HK's,SKS and many other autoloaders back when i was young and the Fairground gun shows in San Jose were free and easy..(well,easy, anyway) and never heard of so many bad mags being sold for one type of gun...in fact the only REAL mag problems i ever had were for a Thompson gun...and then ALL the larger, longer mags i bought for that fell out like they were being PUSHED out...but the mags i have now for the mini seem to work just fine...

The first 10 rd mags i bought for this were a total joke...when it didnt stovepipe the rounds, it would be popping them up and out of the reciever faster than the bolt could close!

Anyway,thanks for your reply...once again this forum has come through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts