Perfect Union banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
can't post foto of but soon hope to do so. this evening pork riblets roasted on grill over hickory and blueberry bush trimmings.
really layed the sauce to them
turkey legs will have to wait until they are on sale.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
this eve's supper was large split chicken breast roasted and sauced with bullseye 'texas' sauce. and cob corn roasted over the fire.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is a pic of my buddies pitt. I'm on a competition BBQ Cook-Off team, xtreme texas cookers, and we complete in quite a few cook-off in and around the Houston area. The team also has a huge gooseneck trailer pitt that we use for most of the events. We were invited and competed this year at the Kansas City American Royal.... (Did well, But didn't walk) My other friend won first place ribs there two years ago!

The Pitt was made by Pitt Maker here in Houston. There Pitts are all custom made and are fairly unique in design. Check out their site.... pretty cool and innovative. we used to have a huge traditional firebox pitt on our big trailer and changed it out to two of their BBQ Vault models.

The benefit to this style is that they are super efficient. We no longer have bring a stack of wood with us for a cook off. we just bring in "chunks" of wood in a few 5 gallon buckets. Being insulated, they hold temp extrememly well in cold, windy, and rainy days....

Attachments

21 - 23 of 23 Posts