Perfect Union banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of this press? I'm getting ready to buy my first press, and this is one of the presses on my list? Could someone tell me how they like it and if its as good as a Dillon?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I own a Dillon because of the reliability customer sevice and support. Lee is a bit of a maverick in his ideology about reloading after reading his manual Ifeel he is a bit touched. I will say that he does make reloading affordable, I own 5 sets of lee dies because of price and they come standard with a factory crimp die. they are 223, 7.62x39, 45/70 gummint, 30-06 for the Garand, 308 for the M1A1 and 30/30 they all are just fine for what I need them for. I did buy RCBS short base dies for the 7.62x39 because the rounds would stick in my AK. I looked at the lee presses before I bought my Dillon550B and thought they were poorly assembled, I cant say that I ever used one. Every time I have needed support for my Dillon it has been there, their monthly magazine aint bad either.:) :usa:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had a Lee 1000. I had to take it apart every 150 rounds or so to un-jam something and re-set the timing. I finally bought a Dillon 550B. The Dillon is more expensive, but well worth the money. My Dillon is 10 years old and I have never had a problem with it. Dillon has a lifetime, no BS warranty on all of their stuff.

I do like and use most of Lee products, just not their reloading presses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts