Perfect Union banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommenda quality holster for a 1991 with stacked magazine? I would like a durable pancake style, FBI cant, thumbstrap not a requirement as long as the holster keeps the pistol secure. Ohio may get a concealed carry law this year so concealability would be nice also. Prefer leather.

Has anyone had any experience with the Horseshoe Leather Products model 22H?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haven't used that holster, but I can pass on what I found a couple of days ago.....

I have been a big fan of the Folbus holsters, as a LEO I wear a weapon just about every day. (plaincloths) The only thing I didnt like about them was they seemed to be made out of cheap plastic and rivited in place. I saw the new uncle mikes Kydex holsters in a cataloge and ordered one. IT's GREAT! It's made of much heavier stuff and NO rivits....This is one of the most comfortable holsters I have ever found........

Geez...I sound like I have stock in the company...lol

Steve

·
No Longer Involved
2,398 Posts
When I owned my HK USP45, I used a Blade-tech Kydex holster. I loved it.

http://www.blade-tech.com/

The model I used was their IDPA legal holster, which I'm not sure they carry any more. It was purchased for a course at FrontSight. I didn't, and don't, carry, so it was a standard, not concealed, holster rig.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My little brother is LEO and carries a holster made of Kydex when on duty. He said the model he carries takes some practice to become proficient but it is a very secure holster. I prefer leather and really like the looks of the Horseshoe H22. That is probably what I will get as soon as I know that a UPS truck can safely stop in front of my house without my wife nukeing him and me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts