Perfect Union banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Ruger 20 round mag. I bought my gun used and have no authentic Ruger mag's so I decided to order one. Just wondering how long it is taking them to turn over these days.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have another 20 and 2 10's but no mag's made by Ruger. I don't expect to be required to engage "the enemy" but I thought it would be good to own at least one authentic Ruger mag so I ordered one. I got a notice that said it could be as much as 20 days but I like the 10 rounder's for the range anyway. I keep the 20 loaded in my gun in the corner of the bed room.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
I already have another 20 and 2 10's but no mag's made by Ruger. I don't expect to be required to engage "the enemy" but I thought it would be good to own at least one authentic Ruger mag so I ordered one. I got a notice that said it could be as much as 20 days but I like the 10 rounder's for the range anyway. I keep the 20 loaded in my gun in the corner of the bed room.
Hi hottarod;

IMHO the main reason for keeping a "large" (according to the gungrabbers) supply of mags is ordinary wear and tear. Mini 14 mags are steel, so they're not as vulnerable to bending as the light aluminum M16 mags but they can get bent even so. During the first ban I used to number my AR mags and keep a log of which were behaving (or not) since I couldn't just toss a mag that started jamming and buy a fresh one (affordably). PITA to have to keep maintenance logs on what should be disposable components but that's what could happen again.

I'd suggest you get as many of those 20 bangers as your wallet will bear, just so you have one or two that are 'factory fresh' in a decade when your range mags may be getting really ratty. I'm keeping a stash of unopened PMags for my AR, with just that in mind. And who knows? Maybe when they're inherited, my successors will get a kick out of having 'em in the original packing....

Just my 2 cents,
Grumpy

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered 5 20 rounder Mini-14 mags on 1/3/13 from Ruger and received them today. The order on Ruger's website still says "In Progress". I got an e-mail when the order was being processed with a UPS tracking number. My credit card wasn't charged until the order was processed. I also have 10 10 rounders on order with Ruger. Maybe I should cancel the 10s and order more 20s.

When I bought my Mini-14 Tactical 2 years ago, I also bought 2 5 rounders (legal for hunting), 5 20 rounders and 4 30 rounders.

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Ordered 2 20's on 1/20/13. Got them today. Honestly the finish isnt quite as good as the steel promag 20's I've been using without a problem...sharp edges.
Not surprised the way everyone's pumping 'em out now. I got in a pair of Checkmate M14 mags today and the finish was definitely poorer than the ones I bought last year. Not complaining, just sayin' - they're really ramped up production in the industry.

All the best,
Grumpy

·
Registered
36,097 Posts
Took a bit over a month before 10/22 mags ordered in late December shipped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.