Perfect Union banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having trouble with whether to keep the ATI or get a houge. I love the slig options on the ati, but the od green and traditional style of the hogue has me intrigued. So Im here for opinions cause I cannot make up my mind.

·
Registered
10,469 Posts
Either is a good choice. Get both, if you don't like one it will sell quickly.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I LOVE my ati, but I cant help but get nostalgic over a traditional stock. Plus I sometimes feel like Im turning my mini into something its not. But again I LOVE my ati...the look the feel and the accuracy are all amazing.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
For functionality, I prefer the ATI. The retractable stock lets you adjust for eye relief and reach. It holds the gun much firmer so it naturally improves accuracy. Mine appears to have some improved cooling vents so the barrel runs cooler. It has the accessory rails so if you want a light or laser or whatever they are very easy to install. The pistol grip is also a big plus.

Mine is also a folder so I can fold up my gun, threw it in a strapped bag, sling it on my back and go to the range on my motorcycle. My hand guns and range bag fit in my saddle bags.

For pure look I would prefer a high quality, laminated wood stock and have the gun be reminescent of the m1 carbine.

It looks like you are going to have to buy 2 guns and set one up each way. I like the black nylon ATI stock with a stainless gun and wood, I think, looks better with a blued gun. I would go for wood before the Hogue stock although it is a nice piece.

·
Libertarian
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah I only need the one. Honestly most if not all signs point to keeping the ATI. Its SNUG, folds/collapses, has a bottom front rail, and just all around feels good. I just ordered a mo rod mo reaper combo and a tech-sight so I can have a robust BUIS system. Im also seriously considering getting a sightmark magnifier and holographic to replace my true glo, but Im wondering if there is an option that has a backup sight if I run out of batteries.

With the replies here and all my buddies/family takes on it Im no longer on the fence...rather a country mile from the fence. Thanks yall!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Those batteries last a long time but you can always carry spare batteries just in case or get an electronic sight that also has a black reticle if the battery dies or it has an off position for the light. Some of the dot sights that magnify do that. I have seen one called a Burris AR-332 that does that. That one is calibrated for .223 however.

I'm sure there are others as well. A reflex won't do that though to my knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.