Perfect Union banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a surplus web sling for an M-1 Carbine from Sportsman's Guide. Then I received an email stating the order cannot be processed as this item is California "restricted". I can buy all the M-1 ammo I want from Sportman's Guide to feed my M-1 Carbine but not a sling to carry it. I understand not selling high capacity magazines since prohibited under state law. BATF and CA DOJ "Antique" firearms are also prohibited. But knives, camp axes, and all other cutlery are also California "restricted"? Now surplus rifle slings? I've never heard of a drive-by carbine sling attack. I've had it with these guys. It's not a California law issue, it's strictly a corporate policy issue on the part of Sportsman's Guide. My business is going to vendors who who support all of our rights not who discriminate against all of a particular state's residents because some corporate lawyers are worried about some miniscule potential of general and vague product liability issues. :angry:

· AC-556 Owner
740 Posts
I just ordered a surplus web sling for an M-1 Carbine from Sportsman's Guide. Then I received an email stating the order cannot be processed as this item is California "restricted". I can buy all the M-1 ammo I want from Sportman's Guide to feed my M-1 Carbine but not a sling to carry it. I understand not selling high capacity magazines since prohibited under state law. BATF and CA DOJ "Antique" firearms are also prohibited. But knives, camp axes, and all other cutlery are also California "restricted"? Now surplus rifle slings? I've never heard of a drive-by carbine sling attack. I've had it with these guys. It's not a California law issue, it's strictly a corporate policy issue on the part of Sportsman's Guide. My business is going to vendors who who support all of our rights not who discriminate against all of a particular state's residents because some corporate lawyers are worried about some miniscule potential of general and vague product liability issues. :angry:
I believe its California Law. Vote those People OUT of office. I never could understand how you guys can keep those gun grabbing jerks in office this long.

If I recall correctly, to "IMPORT" gun parts or guns into California, you have to pay a fee or be a registered "IMPORTER".

SOON I believe you can't even import ammunition to California because your state elected officials made a law stating that all ammo must be microstamped and therefore you can't import ammo anymore (soon).

Either move out of Kalifornia or start dealing with all this B.S. OR Vote the gun grabbers out of office. (START WITH NACY PELOSI AND BOXER).

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No California law at all. It's a corporate decision on Sportsman's Guide. They will NOT even ship me a knife, kitchen knife, camp axe, or pellet gun. I sent Sportsman's Guide all the applicable California law concerning assault weapons after speaking to a California Dept. of Justice, Firearms Division rep. showing nowhere is a sling considered a gun part or prohibited under state law. Sportsman's Guide were being buttheads about it. Corporate lawyers have them scared of California without sufficient cause.

As far as getting involved, voting the anti-gun politicans out, or leaving California, let me say in the nicest possible way so as to avoid any confusion about giving offense, which I have no intention of, that simplistic advice is easy to dish out when one doesn't live here. It's more complicated. The state legislature has rigged the boundareis in legislative districts to keep one party in the minority (called "Gerrymandering"). This quasi-legal practice makes it difficult to vote out the anti-gun crowd. I still vote whether it counts or not, fork over my dough to gun-friendly candidates for office and forego that new rifle, and have elected to stay and fight, not turn and run out of the state where my roots go back before 1900.

Again, no offense intended. I've had gun dealers refuse to sell me "irons" simply on the basis of living in California, without even knowing the applicable state firearms laws and not caring to have a copy of them. I don't like that kind of prejudice. Gun owners should be slapping each other on the back, not slapping some down because of their zip code, in my humble opinion.

· Registered
803 Posts
We go through that same nonsense here in NJ. "Assault weapons parts" are forbidden from being shipped here. Sling Shots are illegal here and BB guns are considered firearms. Many suppliers arn't sure what that means, and chose not to bother. Don't take it out on Sportsmans Guide, it's your state legislatures fault. Like the others said, vote these fruits out in November.

· Banned
185 Posts
There is a growing evile in this country to enslave it's citizens. If you read Gulag Archipelago you will see the exact same 'Laws', the same 'PC', the same goverment induced paranoia and extortion of it's citizens and capitalist enterprises in Soviet Russia. Our country is in the hands of vain, corrupt, narcisistic Traitors who are stabbing this nation in the back using the rule of law as a a thief uses darkness.

· Moderator and Super Member
7,556 Posts
Lets keep the griping confined to SG and out of the realm of politics. You should all know better by now.

The issue should be the unthinking idiocy of catalog sellers. Discussing a confusing application of a gun law is fine, but political hyperbole is verboten. Violation given.

· Registered
15 Posts
Spot on for Lenno's content, not the venue placement though, (as per Markw76).

RE: the OP. Sometimes corporate policies do seem to lack common sense, but they are allowed to make the rules for their company. That said, consumers can voice their displeasure by 'voting with their feet', (i.e. spending their $$$ somewhere else).

· Isolationist Libertarian
1,420 Posts
Gee, Sportman's Guide will ship anything I order, but it will still probably be junk. You have a good reason to stop buying from them and if you do buy anything you will have more good reasons to stop, the awful quality of the stuff they sell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.