Perfect Union banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Kalifornia Citizen

need more info on G12 laser sight, can you say the brand name so I can search on the internet & see a photo & price?

have you a website that it's on?

thanks

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a laser sight at a gun show a couple years ago - looks very similar. I paid anout $80

It works good indoors or outdoors at night. But in the sunlight - it works only up to 10 feet

If that fits your needs ...

otherwise - save your money

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi hangman

Well 10 feet is great for shooting pigs, when the pigs are running after you.

I think that shooting in the sun is a normal thing, so I better look into this more.

Anyone comment on this?

:confused: :samurai:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Gunrunner12,
Sorry about the flub up. I wrote G12 as a shortcut to your UN. (User Name) Damn, gotta watch those abbreviations!

As for lasers, I haven't bought one because they're bulky and it looks like they need tender loving care.

I am very familiar with the Army's laser training system, since I once did bench repair on 'em at Ft Irwin, CA. However, that laser system is not even remotely the same as red beam lasers that "The Terminator" favored. For one thing, the laser is invisible. No red beam. Also, it's not pinpoint accurate. But I guess that's OK since recoil on machine guns makes it impossible to be accurate anyway.

That reminds me of a phrase, "Spray and pray". Does anybody know what that means?

KC

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Ifn, a polecat sprays ya, run n pray he dun git ya! First time I heard that phrase was in the nam era. When yer shot at in de boonies, the patrol dives fer cover, SPRAYS lead, and PRAYS day gets da bad guys. Nite time comes, ya set up primider, widt interocking grazing fire, again ya SPRAY n PRAY. Iye jus hopes n PRAYS Iye dun nevr run inta a deer hunter dat SPRAYS n PRAYS fer deer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
gunrunner,

If you own a mini-14 "ranch", Weigand Combat makes a weaver style mount that can accommodate various laser/electronic/red dot type optics. I personally own a Hakko electronic sight. It is not a laser, but more like a Bushnell Holosight--but better! It has four different reticles(with the single dot being the smallest m.o.a. available). It also has adjustable light intensities for all lighting conditions. Rabbits, you say! Many have taken a fall from mine. I've mounted it on my ruger 10/22, Browning Buckmark pistol--next will be the ranch. The bad news is that they run about $225.00, but it's a smoking little rig!!! The mount can be bought from Weigand or Brownell's for $49.95

Happy Hare Hunting,
Gundoggy

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gunrunner,
I recently bought a BSA Laser sight from cheaperthandirt.com So far so good. Sunlight washes it out. But evenings, nights, mornings, and indoors are fine. I haven't had any problems with losing zero so far. About 60 rnds so far. Not bad for the price I paid. $34.97 USD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts