Perfect Union banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all:

I am in serch of a Clark Custom Mini-14 stock for my Mini.
If you got one for Christmas, birthday, graduation or what ever and can't figure out what to do with it, i've got an answer, and a few bucks to boot.

this is a wish list, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Thanks

BB

:p

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a green,red,& black factory laminated stock on mine from Ruger.Give them a call,it looks better than Clarks.:sniper:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, so far the only place I've looked is Brownell's.
I've seen several threads on the BBS about stability and have heard nothing but good reports about the Clark Custom.
I'm going to bed the stock and have a trigger job done and I've been told that the stock is the foundation for this process, and not to scrimp. This is driving me craaaaaaaaaaaaazy.

BB:confused: :sniper:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought one from brownells. Fits very close and inmpoved the accuracy of my mini. Hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Sorry bill, I moved this thread from the mini-14 mag forum, to the mini-14 talk.
Bill you can bed any stock. Wood, fiberglass, and even cheep plastic, and accuracy will improve. The laminated would have less shrink/expansion in weather than the rest. I beded my hogue rubber mold fiberglass stock. It cut 3/4 inch of my groups at 100 yds. The other advantage of a laminated stock is it is heaver (1 to 1 1/2 lbs I believe), and recoils less, but is heaver to carry around all day in the field. It depends on what ya want it far. I know they shure are beautiful with that wood grain.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All in all I think I'll bed the stock that came from Ruger.

This will give me a much better idea as to the improvments in the groups and I already know how it shoots with this stock.

After the bedding, trigger job, rubber bumper and the gas kit I'll let all of you know how all this works.

Thanks for the info

BB:sniper:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey PSG1- Can you post a picture of that colorful stock of yours? Did you buy it from Ruger as a replacement?:sniper: Dogman out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts